8. The Argument

🪞MIRA🪞

Siddharth stepped out of the closet, wearing a black tuxedo and fumbling with a bowtie at his collar

Siddharth stepped out of the closet, wearing a black tuxedo and fumbling with a bowtie at his collar. He ruffled his hair in a way that drove me insane with his hotness.

Could he just stop being this handsome?

"हाए इस अदा पे हम कुर्बान गए जी," I sang, placing a hand over my chest but his expression didn't even budge on my teasing.

"Are you trying to ignore me?" I questioned Siddharth while pressing him toward the dressing table. His eyes widened and I could see how irked he was at me and even after giving him the most passionate kiss, my obstinate man is still furious.

"Stay away from me," he muttered, looking anywhere but at me.

"What if I won't?" I replied playfully, moving closer to him.

This time, he looked straight into my eyes, sending goosebumps all over my body. "Then you better know the consequences." Sid spoke huskily while looking at me as if I were some feast he was waiting to devour, and that thought alone made my gut clench with need.

Heat crawled onto my cheeks, and I reluctantly let go of him as he moved toward his wardrobe.

Watching him struggle with the cufflinks on his shirt's cuffs, I couldn't resist. "Let me do this for you," I offered, stepping in to help him. But he yanked his hand away and moved to the other side of the room.

"Please forgive me, Sid," His face eased a smidge at the trueness of my words.

"Don't you have to check how're the preparations going on?" He mocked, looking away while I was muddled by his disdain. I pouted at him but soon an idea lightened up in my mind.

On going near him, I looped my hands around his neck as an evil grin cropped up on my lips. Siddharth tried to grab my hands off his shirt but his efforts went nowhere. He stared at me with an indistinct expression and before he could shove me, I dotted kisses all over his face.

"Stop it. We are already running late." Siddharth mumbled and pushed me away while grabbing his phone from the nightstand.

"Please don't stay mad at me," I spoke out, getting infuriated at his ignorance.

He didn't glance up from his phone as he walked toward the door, his actions piercing the core of my heart.

"Stop making this a big deal, Siddharth," I finally spoke up as I couldn't endure his anger. "I understand that you wanted to devour some time together and I wasn't also prying in engaging myself in work but today's event is also important as it was arranged to celebrate your success and hard work. I wanted the celebration to look one of the grandiose and that's why I didn't get enough time to spend with you. Stop making this a fuss."

Siddharth halted at the doorway and glanced back at me with rage rising in his eyes. "Not a big deal for you, Mira," He said with a glint of wrath in his statement.