Places

The seventh floor has never been used before. The floor consists of a large room and a small bathroom. L began to grow... attached to the Kira Task Force and set the floor aside as a place of bonding. At the time, he planned on celebrating the capture of Kira in the open and sparsely furnished room. Now, his stomach knots itself at the thought of presenting the evidence that could get Light executed. Maybe L was foolish for wanting Light to be able to celebrate the capture of Kira. Deep down, L always knew Light is Kira. But a small, sentimental part of him hoped otherwise.

L takes a seat in soft leather chair at the end of the long coffee table, immediately resuming his crouching position so he can think. There's so much to think about, all of it needing to be done quickly. Light shouldn't be near his father during this meeting. There's a very high probability of Soichiro Yagami lashing out at his son in some way— L is unable to figure out if it'll be verbally or if it'll escalate. Light shouldn't sit near Matsuda due to Matsuda's unwavering faith and trust in Light. Mogi and Aizawa should sit near Light. If Light tries lashing out, they'll be able to stop him quickly.

L hopes the Omega is having a good morning. He hopes the Omega sips his warm coffee and laughs with the Task Force. Hopefully Light takes a warm, relaxing shower that soothes his nerves. Light might take the elevator up with Matsuda, laughing at something stupid Matsuda said. Light will hopefully wear something comfortable that he likes. L wants the Omega to enjoy his last morning as a free man before having it all snatched away. The next couple days, much less months, are going to be terrible for the Omega.

Light will be present to see everyone's reactions. Light will have to live with his father's disappointment weighing down on his shoulders, which L knows will cause the Omega no small amount of pain. Light has always been the model son, living up to his parents' expectations. Facing the fact he let his father down will trouble Light in ways L doesn't understand— the perks of growing up with Watari as a parental figure. Knowing everyone— minus L— hates him will bruise Light's ego, although L isn't sure if Light will deeply care about his father's coworkers liking him. That's not to mention the fact Light's life will soon be dictated for him. His meals and the times he can eat them will be assigned to him. He'll shower on a schedule. His clothes will be picked out for him, from his shirt to his socks. All of Light's freedoms will cease to exist. Light's life will be dictated by someone behind a screen, far away from the Omega— if L gets his way, he'll be the one to care for Light after today.

Not to mention the Omega's heat cycles. Light has never had one in his entire life, avoiding them through high dosages of dangerous suppressants he bought in underground markets. L can't allow the Omega to continue on those suppressants, as he'd risk Light developing averse health conditions and penalties from several organizations. L can't imagine a bare cell would be a good place to have a first heat cycle. Light won't be able to build a nest that he'll be able to present to an Alpha of his liking. The whole point of a heat— at least from what L has read— is to attract a partner, sexually satisfy each other (L kinda skipped over that part), and deepen the preexisting bond between an Omega and their partner. There's no way Light will able to do any of that from behind a cell.

L sucks his thumb, unsure if he's doing it for comfort or out of habit. He has so much think about, but all his thoughts keep circling back to Light. Everything about this situation is a huge mess. But this time, it's a huge mess with evidence. L sets the folder that he clutched to his chest on the coffee table, unsure of how to feel. His lungs feel lighter, like he's no longer carrying the weight of the world on his bare shoulders. The evidence is there, pardon Light's suppressants and Rem's testimony. Despite everything being perfect, L still can't relax.

Soichiro Yagami arrives first. He gives L a polite nod, taking a seat on the brown sofa. Light will sit on the couch opposite his father, although Soichiro doesn't know this yet. Given the cushion he left open near L, it's obvious he thinks that his son is going to sit near him and L.