"Shrimp and grits with a little bit of bacon."

"Sounds good. My stomach is growling already."

"Don't tell me you're getting rid of these dresses?" She pointed towards the clothes I laid on the arm of the couch earlier.

"No, I just need to bring them over to my dry cleaners. I think they open at 10 today."

"On your birthday? No, no, no. We'll drop them off for you on our way out." Mario offered.

"Really? Thank you, guys. I am going to freshen up real quick."

"Take your time." I went upstairs to my room. I showered and then put on a maxi, tube dress. I didn't do anything special. Just gave my lips some chapstick, rubbed my Fenty shimmering body butter all over my skin, and put my hair in a half up, half down style.

When I went downstairs, my Mom already had my food dished out with a glass of orange juice and a fresh bowl of fruit. Breakfast was delicious as always. The three of us chatted for a while before they decided to leave.

"Thank you so much for coming."

"Don't mention it."

"Try to get some rest."

"I will."

"It's just me and you buddy." I rubbed Leo's head as we got comfortable on the couch. I turned on the tv to HBO Max. I clicked on Cold Case. I literally have an obsession with these detective shows.

I don't know when I fell asleep. The sound of the doorbell woke me up. I looked at my phone to see it was 12:11. I slowly got up and stretched before going to look in the peephole and opening the door.

"Hi, Dad."

"Hey, baby girl. Before I come in, I want to show you your surprise. So close your eyes." Chile, what is this man up to?

"Okay, they're closed." I wanted to peek so bad, but I waited patiently as I heard some shuffling.

"Open them up." I opened my eyes to see my Dad with Alfonso standing beside with him with a bow on his head.

"Happy birthday!"

"Y'all are so corny, but this is cute. Thank you for this surprise, but I know this isn't all you got me."

"You are so greedy." He pulled out a fat envelope from his back pocket and handed it to me.

"Thank you very much." I let them come inside.

"I got this for you." Alfonso handed me a medium-sized box covered in pink wrapping.

"Awww. Alfonso, you didn't have to." I removed the wrapping paper, and then opened the box. I saw a rainbow Kurt Geiger bag.

"This is so cute. I love it. Thank you."

"Of course."

"He's just trying to kiss your *ss and make you like him."

"Omari!"