"Say it! I look awesome!" He laughed as I collapsed into fits of laughter in between struggling to get out of his hold.

"No...no! Stop!" I wailed, scratching at him but we just laughed anyway.

"Say it!"

"No!"

"Come on!"

"Okay fine!" I said and he stopped tickling me.

I licked my lips and took a deep breath. "You look very pretty, Jake," I said, brushing imaginary lint of his shoulder. He grinned before taking me by surprise and leaning in to close the distance between us.

It was nothing more than a light peck but shivers ran down the length of my body and my lips felt like they were on fire. I stared at him, unable to pull my eyes from his magnetic gaze.

He was something else. How did he hypnotise me like this?

I was in deep.

And I didn't even want to get out.

- - -

15 minutes later, we arrived at a white double storey house with flowers blossoming in the garden.

"My parents won't be getting home till about 6 in the evening cause they're at some wedding dinner I wasn't invited to. My brother was though, but not me," he shrugged as he opened the car door for me.

"You have a brother?"

"Yes. He's three years older than me which would make him 22 this year. He's always been there for me, I owe him a lot," Jake said, opening his house door.

"He sounds nice. Will I ever get to meet him?" I asked and instantly regretted it when I saw the look on Jake's face. He looked like he'd been slapped.

Stupid! This is your first date and you want to meet the parents, kiss the babies? He'll be scared of you for life! You're taking this waaay too seriously, Kendall. You are such an awkward duck oh my gosh.

"I didn't mean to make this awkward, I just-" I backtracked before Jake shook his head.

"No, no. This isn't awkward at all. I'd planned for you to meet him and my parents anyway someday. Sorry about that. It's just... Valerie asked me the same thing on our third date," he said and shook his head again.

The "oh" I had coming out got stuck in my throat.

"I swear- I don't mean to keep bringing her up or to be such a downer on our first date. I'm sorry. I've gone and ruined it," he said as he smiled at me ruefully.