{unshaken}

[This chapter is dedicated to Christina Robles for taking the time to read and comment on ways to improve my book- your feedback is very much appreciated, thank you!]

{Unshaken: Chapter Nine}

My doorbell rang early the next morning. Too early. Waaaaay too early.

"What the crap? No offense, Alissa, like you're nice and all, but it's 9 am in the morning and I just woke up and I'm really sleepy and-" my rant was cut off mid-way when I finally rubbed the sleep from my eyes and saw Alissa.

"What are you holding?" I asked her and she beamed at me.

"The essentials," she whispered dramatically as she pushed past me and barrelled her way into the house.

"Nice place, you live here alone?" she asked, her jaw dropping as she spun around and took the whole place in.

"Basically," I muttered, and I pushed her into my room.

Dumping her armful of products unto my bed she sighed in relief as she flopped down unto my bed.

Two things:

1. This girl really knows how to make herself at home.

2. I can't believe she freaking walked all the way to my house with all of that in her arms

"What. Are. Those," I asked, pointing at the mountain of stuff now sitting on my bed. Don't get me wrong, I'm no tomboy. I love skirts, dresses, and even sometimes makeup. But my makeup skills are limited to basically lip gloss and lipstick so I was makeup inept.

Alissa gaped at me. She pulled up a compact case, a small bottle and a round container. "Eyeshadow, mascara, blush," she recited.

She then pulled out a shiny silver bag. "In here: foundation, makeup remover, eyeliner," she continued before pushing me down unto the bed.

"Your job is to take a shower and wash your hair," she said and I laughed.

"No need to dry it?"

"No," she said firmly. "I'll do that."

I raised an eyebrow. "Okay then."

"Here use this, it's medicated specially formulated shampoo to make hair both silky yet voluminous," Alissa said shoving me a hunter green bottle. I smiled at her before heading to the shower. Great, what had I gotten myself into?

40 minutes, several tissues, and outraged cries later, I was finally ready.

Ready to put my make up on.

I know! I wasn't even fully done! How ridiculous was that?