{undefined}

{Undefined: Chapter Seven}

"What do you mean you didn't see you were on the opposite side of traffic? That is just about the crappiest excuse I've ever heard of in my life! Look- this isn't even about the money. This is about how she could have gotten killed!" Jake said, running through his hands through his hair in frustration. I placed a hand on his shoulder.

Evan scoffed. "I already apologised for that, alright? It was a mistake, and I'm sorry. Anyway, why are you even reaming me out? You're not even her boyfriend."

The officer in front of us looked from Evan, with his tattoo, beanie, and unruly hair, to Jake, with his expensive leather jacket, windswept hair and eyes sparking fierily and made his decision.

"Evan Pieter, you'll pay Kendall May in full for repairs to her car as well as serve 150 hours community service," the cop explained and Evan's jaw dropped.

"You've got to be kidding me. 150 hours to top paying the damages?" he exploded and Jake advanced towards him but I tugged on his arm.

"Jake, please...just leave him, alright?" I said and I saw the flames in his eyes slowly dissolve. He let out a curt nod but slipped his hand into mine. I let out a small gasp. Sparks ran up the length of my arm and despite myself, I weaved my fingers between his, tightening the hold.

Dear diary,

I wanted him so bad.

But I think I was too scared to admit I had fallen for him in such a short time. Too scared to admit it even to myself. And what about Sean?

Gosh, I suck.

"You were drunk out of your mind, kiddo. You're lucky I didn't give you 300 hours for drunk driving, or even place you in juvie with a bail on your head. This is letting you off easy, so quit whining," the officer snapped and Evan slumped into his chair, defeated.

"Kendall May?" the officer continued.

"Yeah?"

"You'll be serving 30 hours community service as well."

"What?" I asked, incredulous. I hadn't even done anything wrong!

"You were speeding. Now in this sort of case, we'd usually hand you a ticket and let you go, but HQ is insisting that cases under 20 be handled with community service. As much community service as possible. Supposed to make you punks more responsible or some half-assed excuse like that," he muttered and Jake protested.

"You're not putting them in the same place are you?" he asked, motioning to Evan and I.

"Sorry, kid, Gerry Old Folks Home is the only place open as of now. They're both going there. You two start on Monday."