Alissa flitted around me, first adding foundation, then blush, a little lipstick ("this shade fits your skin perfectly!"), but skipping on the eyeliner ("your eyebrows are defined enough as it is and any more would just scream : trying too hard").

She curled my hair, decided I looked like a "crazy lady with spaghetti hair", straightened it, bunned it, tied it high, tied it low, braided it, then finally, finally, decided to go with wearing it plain down (straightened) with a simple side braid.

Then came the outfit.

After endless rifling through my closet, she decided what I had wasn't good enough ("I get that it's a house thing, but there are no jeans on dates! Not on my watch!") and began dialling Kinto to pick up clothes from her house.

20 minutes later, she held up a black, short dress with long sleeves. The dress had a high neck and was patternless. It went up to about mid-thigh and clung to my body.

"And these," she threw my pair of black high top converses at me and I nodded before slipping into my bathroom to put on the dress.

It fit me like a glove and as much as I hated to say it, I looked good.

She fit a chunky gold necklace around my neck and stepped back to admire her work.

It was about 12 now, Jake was supposed to pick me up at around 1.

"Thank you," I told Alissa sincerely. She beamed at me before packing her things up and leaving, asking me to tell her every single detail about my date with Jake. I smiled to myself.

It actually felt good to have a friend with XX chromosomes. To have a friend, period.

For the remaining hour, I toyed with my hair and tugged at my dress hem, basically I fidgeted a lot. But then, he was here.

I smoothed down my dress for the hundredth time and opened the door. Jake stood there and I don't mean to be cocky or anything but my gosh he looked super good. Way better than Sean, good.

He was wearing a dark black sweater paired with blue jeans. His hair was messy in that "I just woke up yet spent an hour on my hair" way and his eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

He gaped at me. "Whoah...I...Kendall, you look amazing!"

I blushed before shutting my front door behind me.

Amazing! He think's I look AMAZING. Alissa gets a 10/10.

"And you look terrible," I smirked at him and he lightly shoved my shoulder.

"Are you ticklish?" he asked and I gasped.

"N-no, absolutely immune!" I shrieked as he attacked my sides with tickles. I gasped and ran around the side of the car while he chased me, then pinned me against the side of his car.