First of Her Name

Comincia dall'inizio

What happened to her was not her fault. She was taken advantage of and attacked from such a young age. When my father was not beating and raping her... Her own brother was doing it to her. She never was safe until both were dead and burned in a funeral pyre.

Although Jaime was burned among many other bodies of Lannister soldiers. His own father, my grandsire Tywin, did not even want his remains. Just his sword and that was simply because he had it personally made for him when he was just a young boy.

Tywin was at the top of the dais with us. His hands folded together in front of him as he smiled at my mother who approached me first, kissing my cheeks one by one and then moving to Robb, holding his hands in hers and sharing a whispering word with him. Robb grinned and then kissed her cheek in return.

Both Joffrey and Tommen shared kisses to my cheeks and then shook Robb's hand before they took their places back down the steps with the other children and members of the family. Aside Tywin on their own feather pillows were two crowns.

One was custom made for Robb, styled to be exactly like the one Torrhen Stark has fashioned when he was king before kneeling before Aegon the Conqueror back when the Seven Kingdoms became one and all bent the knee to one king and two queens. Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys Targaryen.

The other was for me and since my bloodline comes from both Baratheon, Lannister, and Targaryen, I wanted to tie in all the houses. Including Stark. So my crown was made from Lannister gold, melted down with the antlers of a stag. Right in the center was a dire wolf with eyes shaped like dragon eggs.

"Are you ready, Your Grace?" Lord Tywin said to me with a grin.

I looked to Robb and we both nodded at the same time.

Tywin stepped forward and then clapped his hands. The music stopped and the room fell completely silent. All chatter from below the steps stopped. All the voices from outside stopped too. Grandfather's voice echoed even though the room was filled from wall to wall.

"Welcome all," He said loudly, projecting his voice for all to here. "We are gathered here today for the dawning of a new age! A new king and queen stand before us not only by birth right, but by right of conquest. Today sets history and we all will watch it be made. As the ruler of our Kingdom, all seven will be a Queen."

The crowd below roared but I paid no mind to them. They may have been happy for me but they also cheered with Ned Stark and Cat Stark lost their heads. They wept for my father when he died and cowered in fear when I stormed the city. They wanted my mother dead when her secret was revealed but did not care to know the truth.

My attention was given to my mother. I looked into her summer green eyes as they filled with tears of joy. Her smile bringing her cheekbones higher and higher up her face. Pride was radiating off of her. To see her own flesh and blood that she created standing here to be crowned. For all the things I have accomplished.

But I did none of it alone.

I owed it all to Robb and Stannis. To Renly and Blackfish. To Tyrion and Theon. To Jon and Ygritte. To Daenerys and Ser Jorah.

Even to my grandfather, Tywin Lannister, and my brother Joffrey Baratheon.

Most of all I owed it to the four faces that were smiling up at me. All four of the beautiful Stark children who crowned me not as their queen, but as their Mama. I would forever hold them in my arms and in my hearts no matter how much they grow.

"Today, my own blood..." Grandfather paused to catch his breath as tears began to well in his eyes. He was choking up but knew he had to get through this speech. "My eldest granddaughter, Alana of the House Baratheon-"