33

"I don't-I don't understand, we didn't do anything." Olive shook through her sobs, clutching onto Mark who had been at her side since she woke up.

The morning after the party, Olive checked her phone to see every message from Jack that she was too drunk to read. He was pissed. Someone had sent him a picture, that looked like Olive and Mark were about to kiss—but they never did. They never did anything wrong and she knew that for a fact.

Olive Umali was lots of things, but a cheater wasn't one of them.

"I know, Livvie, it's okay, it's gonna be—"

"Stop saying that, Mark. Please, just stop." Olive moved away from him, wiping the tears thar didn't seem to have an end. "It's all fucked up and it's not fucking okay." Olive cried out, pulling her knees to her chest.

"We can fix it—"

"No! Mark, we can't do shit. Alright? Just go-just leave me alone." Mark didn't move though, "Mark! Go! Please, get the hell out of my room!" She could him by surprise as her voice echoed through the apartment. Olive shouldn't have blamed him for her relationship crumbling, but she couldn't help herself but to point her frustrations somewhere.

Mark listened this time, leaving the room with some hesitation as she stayed crying on the bed. He wasn't upset, all he wanted was to make sure she was okay.

When her door closed, Olive tried Jack again. He was in Chicago today, his game didn't start for another few hours though. Yet, every time she tried to call him, it would ring and she'd be stuck listening to his stupid voice message.

"Please, Jack, answer." Olive pleaded, the phone stuck to her ear as she waited to hear his voice in real time.

"This is Jack, I'm probably beating your favorite team right now so—" Olive hung up at the voicemail, tossing her phone down into the comforter.

"Why won't you just—" she sucked in a deep breath, picking up her phone again and scrolling through her contacts. Clicking on the name that she hoped would answer, Olive pressed call.

And after two rings, "hey, Olive."

"Nico! Nico, please tell me you're with Jack. I need to—"

"Oh, um-actually, Jacks a little busy right now but-"

"Nico. Please, I need to talk to him. Please tell him that. Nothing happened with Mark and I, okay? It's all just, it's a stupid misunderstanding." Olive spoke fast, hoping that he understood every word she said.

"Olive, I'm not sure if.. okay, I'll try." Nico sighed from the other end.

"Thank you, Nico." Olive took the phone from her ear, "good luck, tonight."

"Still nothing?" Kassie asked, walking into the room with a bag of Wendys.

"The game just ended, I can't expect him to immediately get on his phone." Olive mumbled. Though she had calmed down since earlier, Mark still distanced himself from her room.

"I don't think Luke would let Jack believe all of this is true." Kassie said, frowning at her best friend who rolled her eyes.

"Do you not remember the part where Luke used to hate me?" Olive reminded, grabbing her phone to check for any new messages. All the messages were from the groupchat, hours ago until it went quiet.

"Yeah, but he loves you now and Mark is like one of his best friends. You don't think he would at least try?" Kassie took the food out from the bag, handing Olive fries and a frosty.

𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 ʲᵃᶜᵏ ʰᵘᵍʰᵉˢजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें