27

Olive sat in the passenger seat of Jack's car, rubbing her eyes with exhaustion as she tried to wake up. It was nearly eight in the morning, she had promised Jack she'd join him at the rink for practice. After making herself coffee and grabbing the nearest sweatshirt, she had followed him out the door.

She was excited, despite her constant yawns, she couldn't wait to meet his teammates. Jack spoke of them often and she had been thrilled to finally put faces to the names. The only one who she really knew was Nico, but he'd followed her soon after they made their relationship official.

"I told you, you could've stayed home." Jack stated, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles after parking the car outside the rink.

"No, no, I wanna meet them." She said, bringing her hand to her lap to twist the rings on her fingers. "I promise to be nice, too. Only if they're nice to me." Olive was happy, genuinely happy, with Jack at her side she knew it wouldn't be hard to hold back the attitude that seemed to make appearances whenever it wanted.

"Okay, baby." Jack chuckled, leaning over to kiss her temple.

"Hey, look! Theres Luke." She pointed out, rolling her eyes as Luke had left the apartment before either had made it out of the room.

"Dude couldn't wait to get here, I guess." Jack unbuckled and opened his door, Olive following in pursuit.

"Lukey!" Olive shouted, jumping out if the car with to catch up to the boy entering the rink.

"I can't seem to escape you." Luke joked, pushing open the door and holding it for her to enter.

"Can we lock the door?" She asked, watching as Jack walked slowly up to the door, his water bottle in hand.

"I think it—"

"Cool hair!" Olive turned from the door, smiling wide at the blond man who couldn't have been much older than her.

"Thank you." She ran a hand through the blue, letting him make his way over. He was in a devils shirt, making her assume he was on the team.

"Olive, right? Jack's nonstop talking about you." The man said, her smile only growing from there.

He talked about her to his teammates. She couldn't help but gain a pit of butterflies at the thought. Jack liked her, they were dating, sure, but he actually talked about her enough that his teammates could remember her name. That they knew who she was simply by the color of her hair.

"Yeah, and you're.."

"Daws!" Jack exclaimed as he walked in, Dawson Mercer, she knew that name fairly well. "You ready for practice? Is Neeks here yet?" He asked, slipping his hand into Olive's as if it was a natural response.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone except Dougie is."

GROUPCHAT
crafty wolves

olive
1. dylan stop spamming me about the realm
2. my boyfriend has fallen like five times
and im worried this idiot is going to hurt himself
just practicing

duker
YOU HAVENT BEEN ON IN SO LONG
there's no chaos in our server

kassie
wobbly hughes

easy e
LMAO kas youre genuis

duker
dudes a pro for three years and forgets how to
skate??

olive
ice is slippery ig🤷🏻
luke says to say hi
and let you know he'll be building tonight

duker
lukey in the server!!

franks red hot
can we get vids of jack falling?

olive
I'll try to get one
also
Nico is the nicest person ever

kassie
baes casually hanging out with nico hischier
im so jealous
hes hot

marky
don't forget about us 🙏

duker
kas you're literally flirting with matt boldy
while zegras and turcs fight over you wym

kassie
tryna add nico to that list

olive
as you should tbh
hes pretty
but yk who's prettier?

kassie
mitch marner?

marky
if you say jack im gagging

olive
my boyfriend
aka jack hughes
aka bambi on ice