Chapter 23

The day went on pretty well afterwards. We went on a few more rides and we had some food. Dan insisted that we buy this giant bag of cotton candy. So for most of the day, we were stuck walking around with this giant bag of cotton candy. By the time lunch time came around, Dan and I were so full we skipped lunch. It was around 3 in the afternoon meaning one of the shows were going to start soon. "It's just around the corner." Dan said, looking down at the map. "You sure? We've been walking for a while." A giggle slipped through. "I'm sure." Dan turned around and shot me a glare. We approached a giant area filled with benches and a giant stage at the front. "Told ya." Dan smirked. "Whatever big shot." I shook my head. We took our seats around the middle of all the benches. "What do you think they are going to do?" I asked Dan. "Your mom!" He smiled really big at me. "Dan." I shoved him causing him to tumble over a little bit. "Not funny." I crossed my arms and looked at him. Dan laughed and slid his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh em gee. You're like so cute." I heard a terrible voice squeak. I shifted in my seat. "Look who decided to show up." I sneered. "Don't let them bug you." Dan reassured me. I looked over to my left to find Ashley and Britney cooing over, Thomas?! He was with his friends. They looked like they were going through hell. I decided to text Thomas since I did have his number.  

Me: I see you 

Thomas got the text and looked around for me. He spotted me and waved. "What are you doing?" Dan leaned in and whispered in my ear. "A favour. For a friend." I looked up at him. Thomas and his friends walked over to where Dan and I were sitting. "Thank you so much." Thomas thanked me. "Those girls were talking our ears off." One of his friends looked over his shoulder. "Boo!" Ashley waved to Thomas' friend. "Dear lord." He turned around and ducked his head down. "You guys can sit down if you want." I patted the empty seat beside me. Dan pulled me closer to his side. Thomas walked over and sat right beside me, the rest of his friends following him. Thomas and his friends gave Dan and I space because Dan kept giving them dirty looks. I was getting tired of it. "Dan stop it." I looked up at him. "Stop what?" He looked confused. "This." I thwacked his chest. "Stop acting all sassy and giving people death glares." I continued. "I'm sorry. I just don't want anybody to take you away." Dan blushed. "Nobody is going to take me away." I cuddled into his chest. "I'm yours." I whispered.

"Is everybody ready for a great show?" The woman on the stage screamed into the microphone. A bunch of kids jumped up and down near the front, and everybody else cheered. The woman got off stage, a man in a wizard outfit replacing her. "Welcome welcome." He stretched his arms out. A bunch of kids cheered. "Today, I will put on a magic show for you guys." He explained. "I will need 4 assistants for this to work." He looked around at the crowd. "Now sadly, for the magic to work, I will need some older people to help me." He bent down to all the kids at the front. All the kids started whining and sitting down beside their parents. "Now. Who will it be." He twisted his 'beard' around in his fingers. "How about. You 2 in the middle. The ones with the green and grey sweaters." He pointed in our area. Wait. We were wearing green and grey sweaters. He was pointing at up. I didn't want to go up. "Come on." Dan got up and grabbed my hand. I was frozen. I hated being in front of thousand of people. Ok I was exaggerating. There wasn't a lot of people here, but still. We made our way up on the stage. "Ok. You guys can stand right here." The man shifted us to the right side of him. "Ok I need 2 more people!" He shouted to the crowd. Suddenly 2 hands flew up into the air. "Those 2 with their hands up. Come on stage." The man gestures for them to come. I didn't take a look at who came up onto the stage, I was too scared. "Hi." A voice squealed. I looked up instantly to find Ashley and Britney on the other side. Great. Just great.

"So I always like to get to know my volunteers before I do anything." The man walked over to his left. "What would your name be?" He asked Ashley. "My name is Ashley." She squeaked. "Age. Occupation." The man stated. "21. And a waitress." She smiled out to the crowd. "Interesting. And you?" He moved over to Britney. "My name is Britney. I'm 22 and I'm also a waitress." She squeaked. "Also interesting." The man nodded his head. He walked over to Dan and asked him the same questions. "I'm Dan. I'm 21. And I'm a You Tuber." Dan told him. "A, you tuber?" The man asked. "Ya. I make videos on the Internet and I get paid for it." Dan explained. "Very interesting." The man move over to me. "Name. Age. Occupation." He looked over to me. I didn't know what to say. "Um. I'm Nicole. I'm 18 and I'm a student." I said shyly. "A student. I'm guessing you're in college or university." He looked at the crowd. "I um, just applied for uni." I said. "Cool." He said. He walked over to the middle of us and did the same for himself. "I am The Magical Mike and I'm 30 years old." He looked out into the crowd. "Let's get this magic trick on!" He flung his cape around and went off stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi. *waves awkwardly* 600+.......... I love you guys :D thank you so so soooooo much. If I could, I would hug each and every one of you guys. I don't know how many times I will thank you guys but honestly, get used to it. I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't have you guys to read it. I love you all sooo much. <33

-jazmmaz123