108 - And It Was All Va Bene

Start from the beginning

"It was Silver... he was at the taekwondo school... he was gonna take it over.. he was gonna turn it into another Cobra Kai dojo... he made a deal... if I broke solid stone in five tries or less, he'd leave the dojang alone for good... I had to do it... I couldn't let my friends get hurt when I could do something to stop it..." I say, tears beginning to slip out of my eyes, "it took four tries... but the stone broke... and then I left and couldn't stop training... it hurts... it hurts so bad..."

"I know, I know, hey... hey..." Robby comforts, gently wiping away the tears rolling down my cheeks, "he can't hurt you here... you're safe... I've got you... I'm here for you. It's all gonna be okay."

I appreciate him not pressing about Silver. I really don't wanna talk about him right now... I'm still processing where I am and what's happening.

"Can I have a hug?" I ask weakly. If he wasn't soft enough already, his expression and demeanor soften even more.

"Of course," he says, shifting closer to me and pulling me into an embrace. I bury my face into his shoulder, breathing in the familiar smell of him, finding comfort in it and in him in general. His grip on me is firm, but not too tight. It's... perfect. He's perfect.

"I love you," I say quietly in his ear. He holds me a little closer to him.

"I love you too..." Robby says, "and I'm so glad you're awake and alive and okay."

I close my eyes, taking in the moment where everything is steady and stable and choosing not to think about anything else. Yeah... I'm glad I'm okay too... and more importantly? I'm just glad I'm alive...

Hospital food is not fantastic. I'm weird about textures, and all of them just made me feel like I was gonna vomit the second I tried to eat, so I just told them I wasn't hungry.

Robby hasn't left my side. I can tell he's ridiculously tired. I feel bad that I'm the cause... I didn't think it would get that bad... I didn't think I would end up in the hospital like this...

"Amore?" I say to get Robby's attention. He shoots up. Ay bendito, poor thing... he's dozing off. I don't blame him. I probably would be too.

"What's up?" he asks. I put a light hand on his cheek.

"You should go home and get some sleep. You've been up for over twenty-four hours now, and I feel awful that it's because of me," I say. He shakes his head.

"No, Park, I'm not leaving you," he says. I can't get mad at him. I would be doing the same thing if the situation was reversed.

"Robby... I know it's not easy to believe right now, and I am so, so sorry that I have made your life hell for the past sixteen hours... but I will be okay... mi vida... you need to get some sleep. I have a pretty good feeling I'm not going anywhere, so maybe come back this evening?" I say. I just don't want him to not take care of himself because of me.