07 .⋆. Staying Afloat

・゚゚・。 Tsireya, Ao'nung, and Rotxo led the Sully's and Dom towards a good diving point

・゚゚・。 Tsireya, Ao'nung, and Rotxo led the Sully's and Dom towards a good diving point. As Dom looked into the water, she wondered what it looked like underneath.

The Metkayina children dove in first, looked graceful as they did so. Lo'ak and Neteyam were quick to follow, jumping into the water. Dom went next, attempting to dive the same way Tsireya had.

Thanks to her mask, Dom had no problems breathing under the sea. She looked around, amazed by the creatures. Many types of fish swam near them, as well as creatures Dom didn't recognize. The bright colors caught Dom's attention the most. She was unable to look away from it all.

As their teachers began swimming further away, Neteyam gestured for his siblings and Dom to follow them. The human girl looked back at Kiri, who was mesmerized by the sea.

Dom smiled to herself, following the others until a creature got closer to her. The others stopped to watch the creature swim around Dom. Tsireya grinned, coming closer. She gently took Dom's hand, putting it on the creature. When the na'vi tapped it's back, the creature began to swim forward slowly. Dom noticed it had an end where a na'vi queue could connect to it. She realized it was probably going slow because there was no connection.

When the creature stopped, Dom let go, allowing it to swim off with more of it's kind. She had been so intrigued, she hadn't realized the Sully's had gone back to the surface for air. Seeing the Metkayina go up as well, Dom swam back up, surfacing in between Tuk and Lo'ak.

"Are you alright?" Tsireya asked them.

"You're too fast! Wait for us!" Tuk cried, holding onto Dom's arm.

"You guys are bad divers. May be good at swimming through trees but-" Ao'nung teased, getting cut off when his sister smacked his head.

"We don't understand this finger talk. We don't know what you're saying." Neteyam spoke.

"I will teach you." Tsireya replied.

"It's Dom, right?" Rotxo asked. The human girl nodded. "You did very good with the ilu."

"Oh thanks." Dom smiled, looking over at Tsireya who grinned happily.

"Yes, you won't be able to bond with one, but earning their trust is a good idea." The chief's daughter added.

"What's an ilu?" Lo'ak looked at them in confusion.

"Our version of your ikrans. We will teach you how to ride one now. Dom, I will teach you how to ride behind someone."

"Thank you." Dom thanked her, following Rotxo and Ao'nung to a more shallow part of the sea.

Rotxo stopped, looking around in confusion. "Where is Kiri?" Ao'nung mumbled a 'who' and Rotxo asked again. Dom lowered herself under the water, spotting her friend at the bottom, interacting with the sea life.