05 .⋆. Runaway

・゚゚・。 Kiri's good mood did not last long

・゚゚・。 Kiri's good mood did not last long. As she helped Dom carry her things over to the ikran, Dom got the feeling she needed some alone time.

"I can ride with Lo'ak if you need some time." Dom offered.

"Are you sure? I feel bad pushing you away." Kiri glanced down at her.

"It's fine. I get it. You've been surrounded by your family since the other night and you haven't had time to properly mourn his absence yet."

"When did you get so mature?" Kiri teased, lightly pushing Dom.

"Last night. After you left. Running around and creating trouble isn't going to fly anymore. I need to behave to protect my family." Dom smiled softly.

"That's right. We're your family." Kiri set Dom's stuff down, pulling the smaller girl into a hug. Dropping her things, Dom returned the hug.

Looking over Dom, Kiri spotted her father and Neteyam approaching. She let go, gave Dom a smile, and walked over to her ikran.

Dom turned around, hearing footsteps. She looked at the males in confusion as they got closer.

"So, since I need to navigate, Neytiri is taking Tuk, Kiri wants some alone time, and Lo'ak would most likely be reckless on purpose, I think it's best if you ride with Neteyam." Jake said.

"Alright." Dom replied, rubbing her arm.

"I'm gonna go help your mother." Jake spoke to Neteyam, giving Dom a quick nod before rushing over to his wife.

"I'll load your things." Neteyam reached down to grab Dom's bags.

"Um...Neteyam I'm sorry about everything." Dom looked down anxiously.

"It is fine." He replied, moving her things over to his ikran. Dom stayed quiet and let Neteyam load her things.

As she stood awkwardly to the side, Lo'ak walked up to her.

"So, I hear you're riding with him?" He grinned.

"Mhm." Dom looked up at Lo'ak, giving him a weird look. "What?"

"I think he likes you." He teased, nudging her shoulder. Dom gave him a glare. While Neteyam was busy strapping her things onto his ikran's back, she whispered to Lo'ak.

"We both know he likes me. Now shut up."

Neteyam held out a hand, helping her up. Dom took a deep breath, gently running her hand on the ikran's head. Her fingers traced the details on the creature's skin as Neteyam got situated behind her.

She froze as he wrapped an arm around her waist, holding her close.

"If you need to hold on to something, hold here." He pointed to a part of the saddle Dom could hold just as Jake ordered his family to take off. Dom gripped the saddle tightly as the wind rushed against her face. From the ikran beside them, Lo'ak laughed.