one

Charlie Hunnam as Jackson "Jax"  Teller

"If you wanna go and leave your man
Go on, I'll understand
But then the night gets dark, all is still
Pray for me, I know you will
Hard row to hoe all by yourself..."

Her hands grip the metal pole, her body moving in ways she never thought it could. Her blunt brunette wig brushing against her slightly flushed face with every turn she makes. She keeps her bright blue eyes down as she faces the room, never leaving the sight of the glitter covered floor.

It's hot in the club, her skin glistening with the shimmering body spray her co workers spritzed and the subtle sheen of sweat forming on her tan, inked skin.

A man approaches the stage and holds up a fifty dollar bill, his black cap hiding half of his face.

"One hundred for a private dance."

"You hit the city, it swallowed you whole
You got no friends darlin', to satisfy your soul..."

He holds up another fifty and she takes them, slipping them into her bra. "You're next, baby."

He returns to the bar, his wallet chain hitting his thigh with every step- every sway. The build of this man is attractive but what is he doing in a strip club in Lodi?

She makes her way to a back private room after stopping to change into a different outfit and drop off her tips. She takes her spot on the stage and starts dancing when the door opens.

"And then the sidewalk ends, lights are red
You say to yourself, you're better off dead
Hard row to hoe all by yourself..." 

She lowers herself on to the strangers lap, his cologne filling her nose. He smells like cigarette smoke, beer and Calvin Klein. His rough hands rest on her curvy hips as she leans back against his chest.

"What's your name, darlin'?" He asks, his ringed fingers pressing into her exposed thighs.

"Whatever you want it to be, honey." She replies, brushing her hand across this neck and face, his soft hair threading through her fingers.

"Walk out on me, walk out on him
You need no man to do you in..."

She exhales softly when she feels his hands move further up her thighs to her waist, squeezing firmly but not too tight. His nose brushes against her neck, his lips right there with it.

"But if the night gets dark, all is still
I'll pray for you, you know I will
Hard row to hoe all by yourself..."

"Time's up, baby." She whispers, locking eyes with him for the first time, her heart fluttering  at those blue ones looking right back at her.

He says nothing as he stands and adjusts his blue jeans, silently leaving the room and her to collect herself before returning to the floor to finish out the rest of her shift.

+++

Jax can't get this girl out of his mind.

That mysterious, sexy woman from the night before has taken residence in the front center of his already heavily clouded mind.

It's a nice little distraction from the bullshit that surrounds him and his daily life.

"Jax!"

His head snaps up at the sharp tone hissing his name. "What Tig?"

"Been trying to talk to you for a fuckin' hour man. What's your problem?"

"Nothin' man." He shakes his head. "It's nothin'."

"Ahh," Keenan, Chibs' son, starts, a smart smirk on his face. "Was it that lass from the club last night?"

"What club? You went to a club without me?" Tig sounds hurt. "What the fuck, man!?"

"Relax, man. It was a last minute decision." Jax huffs then shrugs.

"I saw the way she was lookin' at ya, Jax."

"She wasn't looking at me in no way, Keenan."

There's a chuckle from Juice. "She was looking at you like you were the only motherfucker in the room, brother."

Jax blushes slightly then shakes his head. "I gotta get back to work."

That girl is on his mind for the rest of the day no matter how hard he tries to distract himself.