Suprise

I walked out to the truck to mix me another mixed drink. Tonight has been going a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Kyle is here but he seems to be distracted with all the buckle bunnies that are running around half naked. I've been hanging around talking go a few girls I met, some guys tried to flirt with me but I just brushed them off. To be honest I'm not ready for a relationship I have a rodeo career to focus on. Kylie and Jaclyn are out chasing Cowboys and Justin and Ty are hitting it off with a few girls. hell we probably should've got a extra room for the boys.

"Well where on earth have you been hiding" Kyles words slurred together.. Chills ran down my back.

"I've been right over there the whole night Kyle!"

"I wouldn't pass up a purdy lady like you honey" he slurred

"Well guess what you did! Now go on and find yourself a nice little buckle bunny for the night"

"I've got me one right here" he said placing his hands on my hips. I pushed him off and he stumbled backwards.

"For one Don't call me a buckle bunny! And for two keep your Nasty ass hands off of me!" I said grabbing my drink to walk away.

"Are you talking back to me now? You know better than that" he rose his voice as he came towards me. "Step away from her" some strangers voice called out from by a truck nearby.

"I don't know who you are buddy but this here is my business not yours" Kyle rang out in pure anger. I hate when he use to drink when we were dating. He would get mad and abusive, sometimes leaving me with black and blue bruises all over my face. that's when I would try to cover it up with makeup but my friends all know that I never wear makeup so they automatically knew what had happened and begged me to leave him.. I tried to walk away but he grabbed my wrist causing me to spill my drink all over myself.

"Kyle Levi Watson let go of me now!" I hollered yanking my hand back. He tightened his grip causing me to wince in pain. He knows I broke my left hand a few summers ago and he knows how it caused me pain. "Kyle you're hurting me" I cried out in pain. I thought he was never gonna let go. I felt his release not to long after and he was being beat down to the ground by some cowboy..
"Stop! It's okay" I screamed the cowboy looked up at me before getting off the ground and walking over to me. "Are you okay?" He asked in a soft gentle voice. "Yeah I'll be okay. Thank you!" I managed to speak as I was hiding back the tears. My shirt and hair were soaked from my drink. My buzz was completely gone. my friends had all left me for they're hook up for tonight. And there Kyle lays out cold on the ground.

"Who was that guy" the cowboy asks bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked at him I couldn't really see the upper part of his face cause his cowboy hat but from what I could tell he was handsome.

"My ex.."

I looked down at my clothes I really needed to change cause I'm startin to reek of alcohol. I didn't quite know how to slip away from the cowboy or if I even wanted to.

"I'm Drew by the way.. Drew Holbrook" he said taking off his hat to shake my hand. The barn light shone just right on his face. He had a perfect smile with bark brown eyes his touch was gentle when my hand met with his.

"I'm Kaelyn Ray it's nice to meet you" I spoke softly. My eyes met his and I couldn't help but smile.

"It's nice too meet you too Kaelyn"

"You can call me Kae if you want, that's what all my friends call me" I said slightly blushing.

"Well Kae it's nice to meet you! Are you running the tour this year?"

"Well it's not really up to me.. If it was then yes I would love too"

He looked at me confused "what do you mean it's not up to you?"