Since part 1 of my plan to set these two fools up was complete, I decided to reward myself and head back to my apartment. However, we'd only been at the restaurant for 15 minutes which isn't a very believable time to be on a 'date', so Kera came with me. I ensured that she didn't have her location on for Charles, which she didn't, so all was going to plan.

The bright lights of my neon sign splattered rays of colour in all different directions allowing an almost rainbow like shadow to cascade it's way around us. I slumped into my gaming chair while Kera took a seat on a beanbag that was placed slightly off camera and after a while I began to stream on twitch. I hadn't streamed in a while due to the back to back races and training in between, so people began flooding on to watch.

I'm mid race on the simulator while being live to thousands of people, talking to them about the season so far and making jokes. Though i'm constantly in the face of the media and every movement I have is watched like a hawk, something about being live is different to that. Though there are people watching me, I still have a sense of choice and control over what I get to do.

I look over my shoulder to Kera, whose deep blue eyes were watching the screen with fascination, but making sure she wasn't caught on the camera. Her face was so concentrated but the second she saw me looking let out a small giggle. Moments later, I turn back and continue playing and talking to the viewers.  Like a flood, my comments begin to only be filled with one thing. Thousands of people saying the same thing over and over, bombarding the screen.

he's with a girl

i head a girl laugh!!!!!

is this his new girlfriend??

whose he with?

he has a gf?

new wag alert guyssss

i heard that laugh norris

A smile crossed my face while reading the comments, before realising the consequence this may have: twitter. Everything that gets put on twitter immediately escalates ten times further. I couldn't let new rumours emerge and spread, especially if I wanted to get Charles and Kera together. Swiftly, I turn to Kera, who is already looking at me with open eyes at the sight of the comments. I give her a small smile before gently taking her hand and pulling her onto  the camera so that the stream could see.

'guys chill yourself i'm just here with kera and she is not my girlfriend. jeez' i say jokingly, dismissing the thoughts of thousands of people. Kera awkwardly waved to the camera and let out a small laugh.

'hi everyone' she says, gently. She's so peaceful when she talks it almost always puts you at ease. Her little Australian accent pokes through once again causing me to smile in return.

the chat seemed to explode even further, but with a more range of words this time. Some words, being full of quite strong and colourful language.

aww i got so excited for a new wag

why is this girl with all the drivers

probably there for the 💰

does she even know anything about f1??

slut.

i love kera!!!!
Shortly after, Kera sat back down onto the beanbag to prevent any further theories or rumours to emerge. However, I had a feeling it was a bit too late for that. Mainly, because of the text that I received from Pierre only seconds later.

Pierre
This wasn't apart of the plan? LANDO!

Lan
what?

TWITTER IS GOING MAD!!! 'Kera Hughes is Lando Norris' new girlfriend'

oh

oh??? ive spent all afternoon dedicated to this plan and your ruined it!!!

i said she wasn't. i cleared it up.

too late now charles has seen it.

maybe it'll make him jealous?? make him like her more.

just come back here before u mess this up again😠

I ended the steam after clearing up for the thousandth time that Ke and I were simply friends and I think I got my point across. Tweets became more about debunking them rumours and setting the story straight and less people were talking about us being together, which was good. I think the wave was past us now.

As I'm shutting down my computer, a phone begins to ring. I look towards mine that is laying on the desk beside me, but nothing is appearing. I turn to Kera, who is staring at her phone and slowly turns it towards me

charles leclerc <3  is calling you....

'answer it' i encourage. She does.

'hey charles'

'are these rumours true?'

'no, charles i promise they're not.'

'so you're not with lando?'

'no, well im with him but im not wiiith him' she says.

'oh okay. that's good'

'yeah' she says quietly, but her smiling is loud across her face.

'do you want to do something later?'

'sure, like what?'

'we could go on my boat and sail for a little while?'

'that sounds lovely'

'hey am i invited?' i shout so that he could hear me through the phone.

'maybe next time lan' i hear charles say jokingly.

part 2: in progress

1527 words.

WHAT DO YOU THINK???
also i love reading ur comments so tysm for commenting so much.
after next week i will have so much free time to write so ur in for a treat :)
-J