10. Fire

"What?" Felix was shocked at Aaron's sudden mention of Krysten's name. "Yes, Krysten is inside the house," Aaron replied as he slowly started to get panicked thinking about Krysten.

"Man, how can you be so sure?" Felix looked at Aaron. Aaron glared at Felix, "dude, she is my one true love. Trust me, I would understand whenever she is in danger," he chuckled. This one sentence by Aaron, made Felix understand the impact of one true love. It made him understand how strong this feeling can be.

Felix kept on looking at Aaron and that's when Aaron rushed towards the house. As he was about to enter the house, Felix got a hold of what was going to happen and he suddenly pulled Aaron away.

"Have you gone mad Aaron?" Felix shouted. "She is inside bro, I have to save her," Aaron seemed to lose a hold on himself.

"Bro look at the fire here. Even if a single flame touches you, you will be burned to ashes in ten seconds. You are not a human Aaron, you are a vampire, and wood and fire are the two things vampires need to stay away from," Felix shouted so that he could bring Aaron back to his senses.

"I don't care. I don't care, man," Aaron cried, "all I know right now, Felix, is she is inside that house, trying to fight death and I have to save her. I have to save her at any cost, dude," and he broke down.

He started crying bitterly at that moment. The thought of losing Krysten scared him and he couldn't bear it. He could feel now how strong these feelings are meant to be and how strong these feelings will grow day by day.

Felix stood there and looked at his best friend, a 355 year old vampire, who was crying and feeling helpless. This made him feel helpless as well. He understood one thing, that love and desires, it can even make the strongest ones feel helpless.

Felix looked here and there, that's when his eyes fell on the suit worn by the members of the fire brigade. He immediately rushed towards them.

"Hey, do you have any extra suit?" He asked to one of the officials. "Yes, we do," the officer replied. "Cool then, give one of the suits to me, there are kids and a lady trapped inside. We have to save them," Felix spoke. "Ok sir," the officer nodded.

The next moment, Felix brought the suit to Aaron. "Aaron, here," he forwarded the suit to him. Aaron looked at Felix in confusion. "This suit will give you enough time to save your girl before the fire touches your skin. So wear it and go inside, till the fire officials extinguish the fire," Felix spoke.

Aaron was at first surprised by Felix's gesture. He wanted to hug him right and thank him, but before that, his eyes went towards the house where the fire was increasing more and more. He took a deep breath and wore the suit.

"I will need backup, for the kids," Aaron ordered. "Okay, I will be on it," Felix replied. Aaron nodded and then got inside the house.

The house was entirely captured by the flames. Even after entering the house, nothing except flames and smoke can be seen by Aaron. The house was burning to such an extent that the timber was starting to fall off slowly. Aaron was scared as he saw the scene. The thought of Krysten frightened him more.

"Krysten, where are you?" Aaron shouted as he looked for her. As Krysten heard Aaron's voice. She stood numb. "Aaron," she sighed his name and all of a sudden she could feel hope rising in her. She looked at the kids who were near her, holding her tightly.

"Aaron, here, on the first floor," she yelled at the top of her voice so that he could hear her voice.

As Aaron heard Krysten's voice, he immediately looked up. "The first floor," he told himself and rushed towards the first floor. As Aaron reached the first floor, he entered into a certain room. As he looked into that room, his eyes paused as he saw Krysten.