"I can't wait to meet her." He laughs as he moves into the ballroom. I follow inside behind him. Chandeliers float, lighting the golden ballroom. Renaissance art decorated empty columns. Majority of the floor is reserved for dancing, circled tables lining the walls.

"It looks like the Beast's castle." Genevieve smiles the red lipstick sticking in place. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"It's too bright." Amara complains, of course. Their discourse continues Gian, Maleek, and Zandrino (more so out of pity for her) are in agreement with Genevieve. The others are either in the opposition or just don't care much.

"Genevieve stop pouting, let's dance." I hold my hand out to her. The pout leaves her face perking her lips into a smile. Eagerly she grabs my hand pulling me to the dance floor. An instrumental cover of a song that I don't know plays. Genevieve sways and hums along, only stepping on my feet a couple of times.

I spin her around lightly. She faces me with the most content smile she has ever given me. My heart swells at her happiness. "This is my favorite part." Just as she says it the classical instruments gradually fade out. "Oh Fabian, look." The violins begin again with a bright intensity. Standing at the entrance of the ballroom is Lennox Klein. I can't move at the sight of her. Even from so far she mesmerizes me in a way I did not think was possible. The dress flows around her like fairy wings. She looks so...precious, I just want to take her in my arms and hold her close. The sight of her makes my heart crescendo to an impossible height. I can't believe this woman exists.

I'm not the only one who has fallen under her trap. It seems everyone in the ballroom is watching her walk in. Somehow her eyes find mine on the dance floor. The moment only lasts for a few seconds before she is taken by both her parents.

Genevieve pulls me away to our little group. I sit down at the round table gulping down a glass of water. "I'm guessing that she's the one," Maleek sits a glass of whiskey in front of me. "I must say I've never seen you turn so red before. She must be something. Look, she's walking our way." I chug the whiskey hoping the burn will loosen the stiffness her presence is bringing. "What's her name Beauty Bell or Princess Cup hmm?"

"Her name is Ms.Klein."

"To him, but you can call me Lennox." Lennox appears behind me with a notebook tucked under her arm. "Lennox, are you not going to tell him your real nickname?" I smile at the glare she gives me.

"We never speak of that god awful nickname." She throws the notebook down in front of me. "Take a look at this quickly, I need to know if there is anything you would like for me to add." The notebook holds the least of my attention.

"I'm going to dance, Lennox it was nice to meet you, I'm Maleek." I forgot he was even sitting at the table. He saunters off squirming his lean body in between Amara and Niklaus.

Amara laughs, taking his hand spinning him around while Niklaus watches with a hidden smirk.

I nod my head towards the seat Maleek had just abandoned. Lennox sits down and it takes her a minute to fit comfortably because of her dress. I find it quite amusing how frustrated she becomes. "Now, what is this?"

"It's Cameron's letter of address for tonight." Her hands mess with the paper as she marks certain areas. She asked me for my opinion but was still not giving up the reins. I watch her eyes carefully analyze every word, comma, and quote.

"Go on a date with me." I don't mean to blurt the words so suddenly but I can't help myself. I want as much of her as I can get especially if Angelo's premonitions are true. "Fabian, do you really think that's a good idea?" Even though her eyes are glued to the piece of paper I can feel her thinking about what I had asked.

I wanted to be offended by her question but I understood where it was coming from. Our proximity in terms of work are very close to one another. It may be an area of conflict, but knowing Lennox she would never jeopardize her work. I would never let anyone question her ethic or dedication either.

My hand lightly strokes her slender one, my ring brushes her knuckles stilling the pen she had been writing with. I scoot my chair closer to hers, the smell of her perfume drives me insane with desire. I take the open from her hands laying it on the table. Nothing mattered more to me than the decision of us.

"Lennox, do you not want to go on a date with me because it is really what you want or because of others opinions?"

"It would cause issues." I grip her thigh through the slit of her dress. "Little Lennox answer the question." The statement is said low enough for only either of us to hear.

"Because of others." She spits the words out as if she's angry at me for them.

"This isn't something that needs to be fixed or overcomplicated Lennox. I want to take you on a date and you want to go, you see that's easy. Let's just...try first. Please?" I kiss the back of her hand letting my lips linger longer than typical.

"Fabian. This better not-" I interrupt her before she can talk herself out of it. "It will be good. Now, let's dance."

And we did, we danced so long until eventually we were the only ones.