I find myself snorting and pulling off my mask, which obviously defined all laws of physics to be able to have hair of any type not bundled up in the mask- it was a mystery to everyone who wore masks on how it could do that. Soon enough we walk- or ride- ourselves onto the small, giant really, lab and office belonging to Miguel.

Speaking of Miguel, he makes haste and puts the anomaly in a container, along with the rest of them.

"Nice job team!"

I look to my side and see one of my favourite people ever. Peter B and Mayday!

"Hi Peter!! Hola Mayday!"

Mayday just giggles and reaches her little hands towards me. Gosh I love her so much! I take her into my arms and throw her in the air, she blabbers and laughs as she swings away, she was surely a cheeky child, I wonder who she got it from.

"No! Mayday ven aca!"

As I get ready to swing her down, Miguel puts a hand on my shoulder, making me halt my coos and scolds for a moment, my eyes curiously moving up to meet his.

"So? Are we gonna recruit her or not?"

My eyes widen with amazement, of course im gonna recruit that kid, she was everything that met the Spider Society's expectations, she was skilled, level headed yet charismatic, attentive and efficient, and she was so many other things that could help us maintain balance in the spider verse.

I take Miguel's hand and swing ourselves into the portal. At lighting speed we cross many dimensions, and while we do I hug him, tight.

"Thank you, Miguel."

My voice grew to harbor a certain fondness while speaking his name, I was too excited to even put on my mask, too elated to not hold him close. I hear him suck a breath in when I say his name, his defined arms holding me close to his chest in return. Both of us stumble on the debris, trying to be as quiet as possible for any law enforcement cleaning up the scene and securing citizens. His arms unravel but his hand slips gently around my pinky finger, seemingly trying his best to not touch my injured hands. My ears twitch up with the noise of a man yelling at spider girl, eyes widening with surprise and sudden worry to see Captain Stacy point a gun at Gwen.

Both of us are on high alert, both of us throw a knowing glance at the other, both of us spare no words and swing the gun out of his hand. Miguel traps him into a technology modeled container and swings by Gwen, our swift work saving her from any more hurt by the cops words.

I swing towards her too, crushing her in a hug. I know the poor girl needs it. Surprisingly, she starts sobbing into my shoulder and hugs me back, a sudden attachment- an almost brotherly one- growing in the pit of my stomach, making my rationality scream at me to get away. Again, it was dangerous to get attached- I should now that, I lost everything because I was attached, I shouldn't be this sensitive.

"Shh, its okay we're here. Right Miguel?"

Jess nods, and Miguel sighs. My heart aches as I let Gwen pick herself up, stepping back for her own good and mine, biting my tongue and looking at the ground, anywhere but at the poor girl.

"Lyla, scan this mess."

My eyes go over to the little lady, distracting myself as I watch Lyla works her magic and reports back to us, what would we do without Lyla? She was the one who even invented the Gizmo too, the one who handled all reports and anomalies flawlessly, a godsend.

When we get a clear from her that no one is around, Miguel opens a portal.

I hesitantly let myself look at the kid, it's her choice to come or not, not mine, but even then I could feel the amount of overwhelming emotions she was going through, it reminded me somewhat of my younger self. We look back at her, waiting for her decision.