Chapter Three - Dominoes, Part One

Lotta irl stuff happening. This chapter was closer to being done than Ripples so thought I'd post for an update.

Also writing this chapter was like fucking crack.

Once we switch to Elle's POV reactions are in italics. I was tired of adding lines.

Elle likes to break things. Including people.

Happy Pride everyone! Here we fucking GO!

*****

Chapter Three - Dominoes, Part One

"Elle, wait!" Makarov shouted.

Too late. They were gone.

"Damn it."

Enno ran in, panting, with Romeo in her arms and Nab on her tail. She decidedly avoided Macao's eyes as she turned to Makarov. "I heard Ellie-girl's back?"

"She is," Makarov said, before sighing. "You just missed her, unfortunately."

"Nah, we're good," Cana said, yawning and fiddling with her cards. "I hit Elle with a monitoring card when I hugged her. We can watch them now."

She flicked a card in the air and it formed a screen across the guild hall, before showing Elle and Laxus on an island.

*****

"Where are we and why are we here?" Laxus asked.

"You don't recognize this place?" I asked.

"Am I supposed to?" he asked dryly.

I shrugged. "You probably should. It's Tenrou Island."

"So this is Fairy Tail's holy ground," Laxus muttered. "And why are we here?"

"I need to consult a friend," I said. "Come on."

"Why is someone living on the island?" Erza asked.

Levy gasped. "No way..."

"Who do you know who lives here?" Laxus asked as I pushed branches out of the way.

"I told you," I said, smiling at him. "A friend."

And then I stepped out from the branches.

"Hello, Zeref."

"HE'S STILL THERE?" Cana, Evergreen, Bickslow, Macao, Wakaba, Reedus and Makarov screamed.

Freed and Levy weren't surprised.

Freed shrugged. "Ella-sama would not waste time going if he was not there."

"I'm sorry," Gray said in a choked voice. "Did she say Zeref? As in the Dark Wizard?"

"Yes," they all said, their eyes still intensely focused on the screen.

Zeref stared at me.

"Elle..." he whispered, before starting to cry. "You're all grown up..."

"That's what happens over time, Zeref," I teased.

"This is the Dark Wizard Zeref?" Laxus muttered behind me.

"He's just a crybaby," Natsu waved it off. "What are you making such a big deal for?"

"Zeref created many things, all of which were extremely dangerous and caused a lot of damage," Erza said quietly. "The demon Lullaby was one of them. And you trust her, Master?"