Chapter One - Restart

In this fic, the timeline from Ripples up until they hit the end of X773 is the same, except the Grand Magic Games didn't start. They spent that summer training instead, which means that Lucy and Brandish didn't get to meet the rest of the guild. Jude still isn't that supportive of Lucy's Magic and didn't meet the guildmembers, so they don't get the free train rides with their marks. Erigor did join the guild, and Elle met Laki and Max, and helped Enno pick up Nab. She still talked to Toma about the games (they just didn't happen that year) and put Ame in the crystal after Hisui was born. More details/refresher course below.

*****

Chapter One - Restart

I woke up in the wrong year.

Strangely enough, I don't know what was weirder; that I was suddenly in a twenty-one year old body or that I didn't notice.

I didn't feel like a kid anymore, but I didn't have any memory of the last near dozen years.

That doesn't mean I didn't immediately understand that something was wrong.

Shit. Shit shit shit shit SHIT.

A search of my closet only provided me with clothes that would fit my smaller body. If I was lucky, one of those dresses would work as a shirt.

However, a quick perusal of my requip space revealed clothes that fit me. As well as, suspiciously enough, a lot of canned food.

Was I on the run or something?

After changing into a pair of inconspicuous clothes, I left my house and ventured into town, heading for a newsstand where I checked the date.

Jesus. August of X784.

The timeline had already started?

I mentally screamed and teleported back home, releasing a wave of frustration that wiped out a field of trees.

...Oops?

I closed my eyes and started using Earth to reconstruct the forest, trying to think about what have probably happened so far. Last time, Natsu had met Lucy on July 2nd and they arrived at the guild at July 4th. Had they already taken on Lullaby, or Galuna Island?

So much shit was missed. Fuck.

At least it's not October yet; so Fantasia hasn't happened (not that I was worried about Laxus causing it this time around). Neither, I assume, has the fight with Phantom.

The forest fixed, I teleported inside and locked myself in my study, pacing.

Alright, so what did already I do? Shit.

Slowly, I made a list.

1st, I had arrived and stocked up on everything.

2nd, I included Makarov about my time travel and joined the guild and met Cana.

3rd, I had Juvia join.

4th, I met Laxus and got Ivan kicked out.

5th, I ended up meeting with Lucy and making her the deal on keys.

I paled. Shit. The last time I gave her a key was Christmas of X773, which mean she only has Virgo, Aquarius, Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Gemini, and Ophiuchus of the Golden Keys, and Corvus, Pegasus and Monoceros of the Platinum.

...Okay, to be fair, that's way more than she had in the original timeline, but still. I feel bad that I essentially just vanished on her.

I shook the thought off and continued.