88. Cousins In The Carribean

Previously

"I'm so delighted to announce that the CEO of Adams Hotels, Reign Adams and my son Nicholas Silva, the CEO of the Silva group of companies have decided to tie their bonds in holy matrimony."

"David's beautiful daughter, Reign is going to become my daughter-in-law soon!", Arthur said it.

It's out. Everybody knows. There's no going back now.

"Let me introduce you to the future Mister and Missus Silva!", he cheers into the microphone. Everybody started clapping and shouting; celebrating the announcement. The confetti was flying in the air, the upbeat music went off and whatever conceivable notion of celebration is known to humans was taking place.

In the chaos, my eyes landed on my mother who was standing in the corner looking at me with her eyes brimming with sorrow. Only she knows my pain.

Arthur came close to me, placing his hand on my shoulder. A smile was plastered on his face but I knew he was genuinely happy.

"Smile, querida. Smile... don't look sad", he says and patted my cheek with his hand.

I shudder when the fireworks go off and we both look up to see them explode one by one. I used to love and enjoy looking at fireworks, nothing is the same now. I look down to see our hands together and then at Nick. He looked at me, his mellow gaze adoring me with his chocolaty eyes.

"You won't regret this, I promise", he says to me.

Another promise...

Promises scare me now. They are made to be broken...

My vision focuses on Cyril behind Nick, he was approaching us in a hurry. He stopped right in front of us, he is so huge and we looked so tiny before him. He was out of breath, his face heated.

"Sir, James escaped from the hospital."

_______________

REIGN's POV

I'm afraid to close my eyes.

Because whenever I do I feel like he's holding gun to my head. The man I loved was aiming his gun to my head. If he had pulled the trigger, that one little piece of metal could have taken my life. But I'm already dead, he killed me... not with a bullet but with his truth.

I remember that night... the night he told me that he loved me.

What if I tell you that I'm falling hard and fast for you, Reign Adams?

I can still hear his words ringing in my ear like a high pitched noise stopping me from thinking about anything else.

It had only been a month and he told me he was in love with me. And I have never given so much thought to something. I spent the whole night thinking and thinking if it was a right thing to do. To accept his love and admit my feelings for him.

Numerous thoughts popped up in my mind that night. I was in a war with myself, I did not know what to choose between my heart and my head.

What if Christian turns out to be like Xavier?

It makes me laugh. I was so fucking naïve. That night my head was trying to warn me about the catastrophic repercussions but what did I do? I chose to listen to my heart and now here I'am, again with my heart bleeding and crying in pain.

I spent hours and hours thinking if I was making the right decision, yet I made the wrong decision. I remember saying I don't care if it ends in another heartache