Can you,"see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil?"

Start from the beginning

Just be safe little Brother, and don't forget me; I'll always be here.

Always.

***

"Hmm, thank you, Lawrence; I'll let the others know. Thank Marie for me as well. Yes, yes, talk to you later," I hang up the phone.

Danny will be coming home, which is great, but earlier than expected. When I contacted Child Protective Services, I thought it would be more of a precaution, but from what  Lawrence says, a visit from them was overdue. When they went through the door, there was a variety of weapons scattered across the living room and entryway. Marie put her foot down immediately, taking Danny out of the house. I would think inventors would know about proper weapon safety, or lab safety, for that matter. Who leaves highly sensitive, experimental weaponry out in the open and within reach of children? Or have them clean a lab? The Dr. Fentons, apparently. It doesn't matter if he's a teenager now; 15-year-olds still shouldn't be around them. Let alone be expected to clean up after it. Though their concerns are more than negligence and child endangerment. Lawrence said that he saw Danny flinch away from Maddie when they were arguing.

There aren't many reasons for such a reaction.

I get up from my chair, knees groaning as I stand, and head to the cave. Halfway down the stairs, I'm noticed, " Father, tell Drake to stop referring to Richard as Big D. it is unbecoming."

" I don't know, the replacement has a point," says Jason, " after all, he calls you little D."

"Which would make Danny Baby D," says Tim.

Damien gets in Tim's face, " That is ridiculous Danyal is not a baby. Why would you insinuate as such?"

" Because he's the youngest," says Tim, " I thought it was obvious."

I ignore the boys, take my place at the bat computer, and check the current list of Arkham escapees. Then, seeing nobody in dire need of recapture, kite-man and condiment king can wait for a bit and turn off the computer.

" Boys, have you seen your brother?" I ask as I turn to face them.

" Dickface?" Jason asks.

I send him a light glare.

" What other brother would he mean, Todd? Danyal doesn't count. He hasn't come home yet." Damien says, raising an eyebrow.

Jason chuckles, "just checking B' hasn't gone senile."

Tim rolls his eyes, " Dicks' out with Babs. They went to go check out that carnival who came last week."

"Humm." Did he say when he will be back?

" Around 3, I think. Why?"

I glance at Damien, unsure of how he will take the news, " I heard from Lawrence. There have been complications–"

He cuts me off, " what happened? Is he okay?"

"Can't you, I dunno, shut the fuck up and let the man speak," Jason says, glaring at him.

Tim perks up and yells, " swear Jar," points at Jason, and looks at me expectedly. Before I can correct him, Jason flips off Tim, who throws a shoe that bounces off Jason's head, and hits Damien in the shoulder. None of them let the other's actions slide and tackle their offender, making the cave descend into chaos.

" Boys," I shout, trying to gain their attention, but they don't notice.

I start to get up but stop at the hand on my shoulder, " allow me, Master Bruce," Alfred simply walks forward and clears his throat, " gentleman."

The boys still, Tim hanging off Jason's neck like a koala while Damien is yanking on their hair, and say in unison, " Sorry, Alfred."

I give them a moment to right themselves and continue,"  Lawrence and a CPS official went to the Fenton's home. They decided it was not a safe environment and removed Danyal immediately. If things process all right, he should be here later this evening or tomorrow morning."

The boys blink at me.

" If things are alright here, I'll go finish off Master Danyals room," Alfred says and starts to leave the cave, catching Damiens' attention.

He looks at me and says, " I shall assist Pennyworth," before scurrying off after him.

Jason is the next one to react. He yells at Damien's back, " what's Baby D's favorite food?"

"I said not to call him that," he grumbles before replying, "he's always like falafel."

Jason takes out his phone and starts scrolling, " I'll double-check what we need for it," and heads up to the kitchen, leaving Tim and I in the cave.

" Hey B,"

" Humm," yes.

" Are you okay?" he asks hesitantly.

" Why wouldn't I be?"

" It's just you've been really quiet about all of this. About Danny."

I brush off his concerns, " I'm fine," he looks like he wants to argue, " why don't you go call Dick and let him know."

Tim crosses his arms, " I know what you're doing, but I'll go call him. Your gonna have to talk to one of us." and walks out of the cave.

I wait until Tim's footsteps cease into silence and put my head in my hands. Twins, not one but two children Talia has kept from me. She tried to kill one of our children, my children. Not even having the decency to tell me about him. I missed 10 years of Damien's life and 15 of Dannys'. I missed most of Damien's firsts, and now I've probably missed all of Danny's. I've missed all of my children's first breaths and steps. I've comforted them during heartache and the loss of loved ones. When they needed a shoulder to cry on, but I've left Danny to cry on his own. I was late to Jason's final moments, to Danny's. I have been late in every way; my children have needed me the most. I'm dragged out of my thoughts by the buzz of my phone–

Dick: Tim told me about Baby D.

Dick: I'll be back within the hour.

I check the time and relax, peace and quiet.