Elora nodded.

"You need to do something about Kate, Elena," she said. "She crossed her limit more than a few times today".

"I know," Elena said. "It's becoming worse - she sounds very... I just don't know. She still seems to think that everyone loves Aurora more than her".

"Of course we do!" Elora said. "She's our blood - we all have loved her even when she wasn't there with us. What makes her think we would hate her, now that she's with us?".

"I'll try talking to her," Elena promised.

Elora nodded, and watched her sister yawn.

"Get some rest, Lena. I'll see you in a while," she said, both of them walking out of the chambers and parting ways.

***

Elena held a plate of food in her hands as she walked to the hospital wing - though the sun had risen, everyone were still asleep, exhausted with the previous day's activities.

She had gotten information that Edward was out of surgery and somehow felt that her daughter would be there too.

And her suspicions were right.

Aurora sat on a chair outside the ICU where Edward had been shifted, and had her head leaning on the wall.

With tears falling off her cheeks.

She wasn't bawling, or sobbing - tears just fell off her eyes quietly, and Elora could hear her whimper.

She hadn't cried all day - even when she had carried a bloody Edward to the hospital wing, no tears had gathered in her eyes.

But now she was.

Elora cleared her throat loudly, knowing Aurora wouldn't like to know that she had seen her crying.

She quickly turned her head and wiped her tears before saying, "Hey".

"Hey," Elora said, sitting in the chair next to her. "I brought you food".

"I'm not hungry," Aurora said quickly.

Elora stared at her skeptically.

"Fine, I'm starving," she said, taking the plate from her.

"Is it okay? Is it too spicy? Should I ask for someone to bring some salt for you?" Elora asked anxiously.

"It's perfect," Aurora said, after taking a few bites of the enchiladas. "Who made it?".

"I did," Elora said, playing the air violin, seeing her daughter notice it too. "It's my mother's recipe. She used to make it for Elena and me whenever we were angry or sad or happy. It was our comfort food".

Aurora nodded. "Tell me more about her".

"Well... she looked a lot like me, except she had green eyes. And she was strict - had very firm values, but she was fair. And kind. She helped a lot of people in her kingdom. The Mexican people loved her," Elora said, happy that her daughter wanted to know more about her.

"She was Mexico's only Princess, right?" Aurora asked.

"Yes. She met my father on a diplomatic trip to Illea. He was a Duke at that time. They fell in love, and soon after, became the rulers of Mexico," Elora said, before adding, "She always knew that you would come back, you know. Whenever I lost hope, or things became dreary, she was always there, always insisting that you would find your way back home".

"I wish I could've met her," Aurora said in a small tone.

"She passed away, just a few years ago," Elora said.

"I know. I heard," Aurora said, continuing to eat her food.

"Did the doctor say anything?" Elora asked.

"Yes," Aurora said. "The King is still in a coma, and they don't know when he'll wake up".

"But there's a chance, right?" Elora asked.

Aurora nodded. "It is highly likely that he may wake up soon - all his organs have been repaired, and apparently his brain functions are good. He may have to undergo extensive physiotherapy though, to return back to his original self".

"What did you think about my decision? To appoint Lucian and Eric in their respective posts?" Elora asked her once she had finished eating.

Aurora kept the plate on the chair near her and slowly replied, "It's smart - giving them things to do will distract them from their fear and sorrow, and there are no better people, or rather, people we trust who can do the job".

Elora nodded.

She was shocked when Aurora asked, "Was it this hard for you too?".

Elora was still for a moment before asking, "You noticed?".

Aurora laughed humorlessly, "Of course I noticed. I may act oblivious to things, but that doesn't mean I truly am so".

She knew that Kate was acting different, that something was wrong.

"I was in denial for a long time, I guess. First thinking that she was upset with Lucian and then thinking it was because I was always so busy in different classes," she said.

"It isn't your fault," Elora assured her.

"Does being a Princess mean you lose your friends?" she asked.

"No," Elora said. "It means you know who your true friends are".

"I just never expected her to change like this," she said, her voice trembling.

"Elena said she'll try talking to her," she said, trying to comfort her.

"It's just so hard. Adelaide is amazing - she helps me out with everything, but I miss Kate. I miss how she used to make me laugh almost every second of the day," Aurora said.

"It'll get better," Elora promised. "You'll make new friends as you grow up. It will be fine".

Aurora nodded, and leaned her head on Elora's shoulder.

Her head fit perfectly in the crook of her neck, and Elora went very still, when realization struck her.

This was the first true conversation she had with her.

Not as a Queen to a Princess.

But a mother to a daughter.