21. You Had One Job

Start from the beginning

Marshall looks like he is barely holding himself back at this point. The glimpse if his old reckless self could be clearly seen in his pale blue eyes.

I push my emotions aside and quickly walk up to him, grabbing his arm. I step closer to him and rest my face against his chest, and I can just feel all the tension in him, and how he's barely keeping it together. He might've learned how to better control his temper over the years, but the truth is, the Slim Shady in him never went away.

"Please, Marshall," I lift my head up slightly and look pleadingly at him. "I really need you right now."

He's barely looking at me at first, instead staring over my head at the two cops walking out. Then something must've snapped at him, because he signs loudly down his nose, wrapping me in his arms.

I feel like I want to cry, but I hold it together, instead asking him where Sienna is.

"She's in another room. With your friend, Chilli. I ain't want her in here with the cops and all," Marshall answers absent-mindedly, running his hands through my hair. He pulls back and kisses the top of my head softly. "Are you okay, baby? My bad, it's a stupid fucking question after the bullshit you've been through. But are you though?"

"I guess I'm as okay as I can be," I try to smile. "Wait, Chilli is here?"

"She came as soon as she heard."

"I want to see her," I mumble, having not seen my homegirl in months now. Crazy how something so horrible happening is how we get back in touch with each other again.

"Sure baby, let's go. I'll take you."

"Marshall, Johnson's family..." I start to say and choke on my own words.

"I uh... I'll take care of then, Aisha. I'll take care of everything for them. As far as the funeral is concerned and other things. Obviously it won't bring him back, but..."

"Thank you, Marshall."

We enter the other studio room where Chilli is sitting with Sienna.

"Mommy!!" Sienna immediately runs to me and hugs my legs. I still can't believe she witnessed all of today's events with me, I could only hope it didn't traumatize her for life.

I lower myself to her level and hug her tightly as Marshall stands over us on a protective stance.

"Aisha, girl, are you okay?!" Chilli asks me, coming to hug me as well.

While her and I catch up, Marshall leaves the room to speak to his security team.

By the time the three of us, Chilli, Sienna and I are finally leaving the recording room, I stop in my tracks, seeing Marshall facing off with none other than my father.

"You had one job, Shady," Blowing cigar smoke everywhere, Suge Knight angrily looks down at Marshall. "One fucking job as Aisha's husband, and that is to make sure she was safe at all times. But you couldn't get that right, could you?"

"Yo, shut the fuck up, Suge," Marshall replies back just as angrily. His jaw clenches and his whole body language is tense like he is about to swing at my daddy at any moment.

"You fucked up bad, cracker."

"Ya think I don't already know that?!"

"Not only you failed to stop those motherfuckers from coming at Aisha, but they fucking did it on your own turf, fuck kind of shit is that?! And I hear that my grand baby was also in there when it happened too? What kind of a man are you if you can't even keep your own family safe?!"

"Suge, I'm warning you. Do not ever in your fucking life question me about protecting my family, cause ya know goddamn well I'll do anything for that girl in there, and don't even speak on my daughter. What happened here today was fucked but I ain't need you pointing it out to me cause I already know that. And no shit like that would ever happen again. So fucking jump off my dick about it."

"All I'm saying is you are clearly not capable of taking care of your family, kid. You haven't changed at all over the years, Shady. All you know how to do is run your fucking mouth."

Marshall then steps closer to him.

"Oh, so let me get this straight. Putting a heat out on your own daughter and having her shot was taking care of her then?" He asks my father angrily in this really quiet voice as his face drains of emotion.

"Shit. At least when I said I was about something, I was actually about it," my father replies, and I can't believe he just said that.

"Daddy!!" I exclaim loud enough for the two most important men in my life to cease their argument and stand facing me instead.

It is then that I realize that Sienna is right by my side also, and she peaks curiously at my father from behind my leg.

"Mommy, who is that man yelling at daddy?" She asks me.

My father's eyes lock in on Sienna and he puts away his cigar.

"Hi, Princess," he says in a deceivingly soft voice. "My name is Suge, and I happen to be your..."

"Aight, that's enough," Marshall interrupts him, placing himself between Sienna and my father.

"Chilli, can you do me a big favor?" He looks at my friend with no emotion on his face. "Please take Sienna to the car, my security will go with you. Aisha and I are gonna be right there as well. We are getting out of here," he states.

"Sure, Em, no problem. DO come join us once you and Suge finished the penis comparison contest you two are obviously having right now," Chilli replies, slightly sarcastically and leaves with Sienna and four of Marshall's security guards.

Marshall's mouth presses into a thin line as he wraps one of his arms around my shoulder.

"Aisha, are you alright, Princess?" My father then asks me, looking at Marshall with distaste written all iver his face. I guess them getting along for my sake, it's all but finished at this point.

Also, if one more person asks me if I'm alright!!

Yes, I'm alright, compared to say, my bodyguard, who is dead!! Killed for merely being at the wrong place at the wrong time!! I just don't understand how life could be so unfair to some people!!

"I'm fine, daddy," I sigh, then narrow my eyes at him. "And please stop blaming Marshall for what's happened here today. He had no way of knowing..."

"Aisha, he WAS supposed to know better. I've warned him about those people," my father states coldly, and somewhat smugly.

I roll my eyes. I can't handle it right now!!

"Marshall, let's just go. Take me away from here," I sigh.

Marshall takes one last look at my father. Same tension in him as when he was having that back and forth with the cops. But he forces himself to pull back.

"Yeah aight. It's whatever you want, baby."

He then turns to my father and flips him off.

"Fuck you and have a good night, Suge."

Chilli and Sienna are already inside the car when we make our way to the parking lot.

And we are immediately bombarded by all the paparazzi. Of course, they are right here as well, calling out to us and yelling all kinds of questions at us. Of course they already know.

"God-fucking-damnit," Marshall groans as his grip tightens on my arm. He takes off his hoodie and throws it over me, even if it's still clear who we are, but he doesn't want the reporters to capture clear photos of my face while I'm in distress, I guess. We then have to literally fight our way to the car, our security guards pushing all of the paparazzi away from us, while Marshall pushes a couple of them away from me.

Just as we are making our way to the car, I get lots of texts on my phone, mostly from my management team. I briefly look at the texts and gasp. I can't believe what I'm hearing, but they actually want to use this messy and horrible situation for promotional purposes for my new album.