Chapter 2- War

Rea woke up early the next morning leaving her quarters to explore the castle because she didn't get much of a chance the day before. As she rounds the corner she notices a lady in a black and silver dress yelling at Bash who looks very annoyed. Rea hurriedly rushes past them because she doesn't want to make things worse than what they seem. Before Rea even makes it half way down the cooridoor the lady who was yelling at Bash comes storming towards her yelling. Rea looks puzzled and turns to her, "Mam, is there a problem?" 

      Keena looks Rea dead in the eye, " Yes there is a problem. You are Irish and you brought a war here. What were you thinking? You have put my friends lives in danger along with my own. You bitch." Keena rares back to slap Rea but Bash catches her hand mid-air. 

      Bash looks Keena dead in the eye," STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reanna came here to warn us of the Irish soldiers coming towards us. She defied her country and family to assure safety for us. I will not have you disrespecting her because you feel threatned in what ever manner you are feeling right now. Keena you need to retire to your quarters or find something to do other than harass Princess Rea." 

   Keena laughs and glares at Rea, " Princesss!!!!! Sebastian, she's as much a princess as you are a prince. She came here because her own family doesn't want her. As for the jealousy you accuse me of, why in the world would I be jealous of her. What does she have? A target on her back from Ireland. When the soldiers get here maybe Francis will be smart and trade her off to save us all. If you are referring to me being jealous because you are up her ass. Bash I have learned with you. You are uncapable of settling down. That's why our marriage never worked and that's why Mary fell in love with Francis not you." 

   Rea wasn't one to just stand around and let anyone disrespect her and it really bothered her the way Keena was speaking to Bash," No disrespect Lady Keena but that title you wave so highly around here you have that because you married the King's brother. You would be a nobody if it weren't for him. Might I add, if Francis wants to make a trade offer on me to save you all and if you say I am that worthless to Ireland why would they do anything to save me. I'd be the first they'd kill. Also, if you are not jealous then how come you are yelling at me a woman you have never met before throwing accusations you have no proof of towards?"

   Keena gazed at Bash angrily and stormed off towards her quarters in a huffy puffy sort of manner. Bash rolled his eyes and turned to Princess Reanna, " I'm sorry about that Princess. My wife has apparently forgotten who she is. She thinks shes entitled."

         Rea laughs, " I have a sister much like her. I know how to deal with that sort of thing. You didn't need to come to my aid. I am grateful you keep rescuing me but I am no damsel in distress. I can handle myself. I am quite capable of tending to my own problems."

   Bash smirked in her direction, " Yes, I am sure you can but no disrespect meant but a lady as beautiful as you shouldn't have to handle her problems alone. She should have someone to watch her back at all times." 

       Rea tried to act unimpressed by his words and as if they didn't flatter her but she was failing and let a smile glow across her face, " Bash that's sweet of you to say but I really am capable of handling myself. Matter of fact, I think I may go riding this morning."

   Bash smiled, " I won't stop you from going riding but I wish you would take a few guards especially since you have spit on your families trust. They could attack at anytime."

     Reanna smiled, " I will take a few guards." She walked out the corridor as Bash watched and smiled. He had an attraction to her that he couldn't explain. He felt a need to protect her from any and all danger. The only other person that this instinct had ever happened with was Mary. He was baffled by it and also confused how could he be falling in love with another woman after all the heartache he had witnessed and felt. As Rea rode she heard a voice from behind her she turned her head to see Queen Mary riding along side her with about a dozen guards following behind them plus the two Rea had brought along with her. Mary smiled and spoke softly, " I wanted to come to you and thank you once again for the insight you brought to myself and the king. It is much appreciated and your bravery and loyalty will not go unnoticed. I heard what my lady Keena has said, I wanted to apologize for her rudeness. I think she's just frustrated because she can't find a man to replace Bash in her life. She was seeing a man which is what led to their break up but he left her because he was using her." 

 Rea smiled at Mary as she rode along, " I understand Keena's frustrations and I am not mad at her not one bit. As for the insight the only repayment I ask is that you let me stay here in the quarters provided until things are safe and I can either return to Ireland or rush away to start a new life some where new. I am not sure of which I will do. I am looking into my options." 

  Mary smiled big, " You are welcome to stay here as long as you need to. You are very nice and respectful unlike most people who show up here expecting hand outs." 

        As they are riding along Reanna notices a Irish flag coming towards them on a horse with a tall pale red haired man riding. Reanna directs her attention to Mary, " That is an irishmen. I can't see his face well enough but I believe that is a cousin of mine. He will attack. You must go Mary NOW!" As Reanna's voice raised the rider started towards them quicker. Rea grabbed her bow from the side of the horse and took it in one hand pointing it towards the irish men yelling, " Hault COUSIN. Don't make me shoot you." The irishmen didn't stop he kept coming and Queen Mary wasn't far enough gone for Rea to put her guard down and ride back to the castle. The guards surrounded the irish men but then Rea seen 8 more coming from the opposite end. She yelled, " GUARDS! He's a distraction." She rushed her horse towards Queen Mary to help protect her because there was one guard by her side at this point and the 8 men were gaining room towards her very quickly. Before she knew it about 30 guards were headed towards them from the Castle being directed by Bash on horse back. Rea looked astonished she didn't know how they could possibly know they were under attack. As they rounded into the castle walls , Francis informed them that they had gotten a tip from a spy they had in the woods that there were loads of Irish men headed towards the castles gates. It was a good thing that Francis sent Bash and his soldiers to their aid because other wise something could have happened to Queen Mary and Princess Rea.