PROLOGUE

THE MEETING

Emily was having one of those days—the kind where everything seemed to go wrong. She rushed through the bustling city streets, her arms loaded with grocery bags, desperately trying to catch the last train home. But just as she reached the platform, the doors closed in her face, leaving her defeated and surrounded by the sound of screeching brakes and the mocking laughter of commuters inside.

"Of course," she muttered, rolling her eyes at her misfortune. She adjusted the weight of the bags in her arms and took a deep breath, determined to make the best of the situation. "Well, I guess I'll just have to wait for the next one."

As she leaned against a wall, she noticed a guy standing nearby, also looking dejected. His eyes met hers, and for a moment, she felt a jolt of electricity shoot through her body. She blinked, confused, and glanced around to see if anyone else had felt it too. But everyone else seemed oblivious to the strange connection.

Unfazed, Emily decided to break the ice. "So, I guess we're both victims of the dreaded train door slam. It's a universal struggle, really."

The guy chuckled, his eyes crinkling with amusement. "Tell me about it. I can't believe I missed it by a split second."

They struck up a conversation, sharing their experiences of public transportation mishaps and finding humor in their shared frustration. Emily learned his name was Ethan, a tech whiz who always seemed to have an uncanny knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, just like her.

As they talked, they discovered more and more similarities. They both had a quirky obsession with 90s sitcoms, enjoyed spicy food to the point of tears, and had a secret talent for impersonating their favorite movie characters.

Emily found herself laughing freely, feeling a connection with Ethan that she hadn't experienced in a long time. The conversation flowed effortlessly, and she couldn't help but be drawn to his warm smile and easygoing nature.

Time seemed to fly by as they exchanged stories and jokes, oblivious to the chaos of the train station around them. Finally, the announcement for the next train blared over the intercom, signaling the end of their impromptu meeting.

Emily's heart sank a little, not wanting the conversation to end so abruptly. "Well, I guess this is my stop," she said, trying to mask her disappointment.

Ethan nodded, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Funny, this is my stop too. What a coincidence!"

They exchanged surprised glances before bursting into laughter, realizing that they lived in the same neighborhood. They continued chatting and laughing as they boarded the train together, no longer strangers but companions on an unexpected adventure.

As the train rattled along the tracks, Emily couldn't shake off the feeling that this encounter was something more than a mere coincidence. There was an undeniable spark between them, and she couldn't wait to find out where it would lead.

Little did Emily know that this chance meeting was just the beginning of an extraordinary journey—one that would defy logic, challenge their beliefs, and ignite a love that was destined to change their lives forever.

With a smile on her face, Emily took Ethan's hand, and they continued their animated conversation, unaware of the incredible destiny that awaited them around the bends.