She sat with her legs crossed in the chair with the bowl in her lap as she watches the movie on my TV.

"I lied." I announced, "I do not mind you eating in my bed. You can come back now."

She tosses a few kernels in her mouth as she sends me a look that said 'I don't believe you' , "What about the crumbs?"

"I love crumbs. They keep me warm at night." I send her a smile that is to only be worn for her and she rolls her eyes as the tip of her lips inch upwards.

"You're not comfortable with me eating in your bed, which is understandable I can be a messy eater at times, and this is me respecting your boundary." She saids slowly as if she was talking to a child, teasingly and condescending.

"And this is me asking you to disrespect my boundary, and come sit in bed with me with your popcorn." I narrow my eyes at her as I reciprocate the tone. Teasingly and condescending.

"That's not healthy in a relationship." She tuts, shaking her head as eats some more popcorn.

"Healthy is boring." I shrug.

She burst a short chuckle, "I would know."

The joke towards her condition makes my expression drops as I didn't find it funny. "Ivy." I say her name with an unimpressed tone.

I was not amused. After the events at the hospital and garage I still felt on edge or cautious, and I did the one thing she told me not to do. I researched.

I looked at all the triggers, symptoms, effects, long term effects of arrhythmia.

She told me not search anything up because it would only make worry more and she was right.

I even searched the medication she told me she takes. It has side effects of blurred vision, chest pain, depression, dizziness, chills, fatigue, vomiting, insomnia, and a variety of other symptoms that did nothing to ease my worry for her.

But I took extra precautions.

"Carter." She mimics. "It was funny." She mutters in defense looking at the TV.

"Come here." I hold my hand out to her.

She shakes her head chewing her popcorn, "I haven't finish my popcorn yet."

"I do not care." I say earnestly. I want her near me, beside me, on me, beneath me. I need her in arms reach.

"But I do." She starts, "I don't like disrespecting people's boundaries so you asking me to disrespect yours is disrespecting mine." I could see it in her eyes, her manner, hear it in her tone she was toying with me. A smirk appears on her

"So we are crossing each others boundaries?"

She nods, "Yes, exactly."

"Great. Now that we have established crossing one's boundaries come sit next to me. I will even say please." I offer her a bargain.

The movie now playing is now white background noise as we faced each other talking.

She scoffs unimpressed, "I'm pretty sure you've said please before. It ain't nothing special."