17- A request

When they entered the throne room, their father was looking bored. He glanced up at them when they entered and straightened in his throne. "I have a request for you three." He said simply. The words echoed around in the room.

"What is it?" Theseus asked once their father stayed silent and didn't continue.

"I would like for the three of you to plan the ball." The three of them glanced at each other, sort of surprised. Usually their father would make the basic plans and the maids would carry it out.

         Nonetheless, Wilbur was excited by the idea, and answered for Techno and Theseus who had no idea what to say. "We accept." He said quickly, before he quite literally dragged Techno and Theseus out of the room without another word.

"I never agreed to this." Techno said bluntly as they were dragged along to Wilbur's room. Theseus nodded his agreement to Techno's statement, but Wilbur didn't bat an eye.

        He simply brought them into his room and sat them onto his couch. He then sat across from them. "We're planning the party." He said stubbornly. Techno and Theseus exchanged a look before looking back at Wilbur, unamused.

        Wilbur clearly didn't care, because he started talking about his plans. "So, I was thinking we could have the chefs make the food. Then we could enlist the maids to help us with our decorating. I think the decorations should be-" That was when Theseus stopped listening.

        He found parties to be a boring topic, and he never liked them much. Unlike Wilbur. Wilbur loved the idea of parties and loved planning them. Techno was indifferent.

       Theseus stared into space as Wilbur rambled on and on about decor and food and invites. A glance at Techno told him that, he too, was bored of this conversation.

        Maybe if they waited long enough, Wilbur would take the hint and change the subject. Or maybe Techno would fall asleep sitting up. He tended to do that when he was bored enough.

       Theseus was snapped out of his daydreaming by a knock on Wilburs door. He was relieved when Wilbur stopped his rambling. After a moment of silence, Wilbur shouted back to the knock. Come in!"

       A maid entered the room, and curtsied in front of them. "Hello, your highnesses. I have a letter for prince Theseus." She said politely. This excited Theseus; it could only be Puffy who sent him it.

      "Who is it from?" He asked, his heart-rate picking up from all his excitement. "Ms.Puffy your highness." With those words, he jumped up and took the letter from the maid.

       He dismissed her, before turning to his brothers. "I'll be reading this in my room, goodbye." He said quickly, promptly rushing out of the room and closing the door behind him.

       Theseus then made his way through the halls and up the stairs with the letter clutched tightly in his hand. Once he entered his room, he locked the door and sat down at his desk.

        He sliced the letter open using the letter opener resting on his desk, before reading it quickly.

--------
Hello!

I was gonna write this chapter last night and publish it, but i literally fell asleep as soon as i laid in bed.

But have it now! A day late.

Its also very unedited.

Have a wonderful day!

-Lav