Muffinz

Bens POV

When we woke up in the morning, I tiredly dragged my feet to the bathroom and took a quick shower before we went out on the boat.

I did my skin care and got dressed before going back into the spare bedroom with Kiara. The bathroom was connected to the room.

Me and Kiara went outside on the dock to wait for everyone else to wake up. I gave her one of my headphones and we listened to music and just enjoyed the morning air.

It wasn't long before the others started waking up one by one.

JJ and pope came outside next. They were cleaning up around the fire pit and we watched from the dock.

When Sarah and John b came outside, we decided to walk back to the yard and meet up with them.

"Where did y'all come from?" Sarah laughed as we seemed to have appeared out of no where. They were all distracted, looking at the inside of the boat

JJ was sitting on a stool, tinkering with the motor and John b was hovering over him, watching.

"The dock" Kie replied "what's going on?"

"Beats me" sarah chuckled "apparently somethings wrong with the HMS"

"Yeah, we're gonna have to cancel the boat ride" John b announced "motors shot"

There was a collective sound of disappointment from us all, but I knew we'd figure something else out to do.

"Who's down to surf?" Pope suggested

"Shiit, I'm down" John b agreed "Kie you in?"

"Hell yea I'm in" Kie said happily

"JJ?" John b asked

"Y'all can go, I'm gonna stay and work on the motor. see if I can get it fixed" JJ explained

"I'm staying too" Sarah budded in "not my time of the month to be in a bathing suit"

Kiara jokingly hugged her as if she was baby-ing her.

We all laughed

"I don't know how to surf.. so" I added "I'm staying"

I saw JJ make a face. A face like he was annoyed or disappointed or upset. I don't know but it kinda pissed me off. What was his deal.

"Alright well" John b started "we'll be at the beach all day if y'all ever change your mind"

I watched as they all loaded up in the Twinkie and left. Me and Sarah stood by the HMS for a little while before she left to go to the bathroom.

She left me there stranded. I didn't want to be rude and leave right away but I was kinda awkward just standing there.

I shifted over closer to him and looked at the motor from a distance.

"Neeed.. any help?" I suggested. Hopefully I didn't sound too awkward.

"Can you get me a new motor?" He asked like a grumpy old man

"Uhmm- no" I said innocently, ignoring his attitude

"Then no" he replied, not ever looking up from what he was doing to acknowledge me.

...

"I coould.." I tried to think

"Look, I don't need your help" he said, finally looking over at me "you can just go inside"

"Right- Ok" I said quickly and then turned around. I was uncomfortable being out there by myself anyways. He had such an attitude towards me.