IV. inside out and backwards

Start from the beginning

Gracie was removing photos of them from frames, throwing out his tooth brush and shampoo. Lucy was shocked that Gracie actually went through with this. Gracie then walked out with a tiny Superman costume which was thrown in the trash. "Sorry Ween," she shrugged.

After minutes of Gracie doing this, she threw herself onto the bed next to Lucy who was playing with something that was on Gracie's side table. Gracie looked up at her best friend with stars practically in her eyes. She took a breath and tilted her head, getting a better view of her.

"You're so pretty," she said before she could even think about saying it. Lucy looked over at Gracie and gave her a downturned smile, appreciating the words. Gracie smiled back and Lucy stared at the small gap between her teeth that she adored. She turned away from Gracie, looking forward.

"Who are you inviting tonight?" she asked, continuing to play with the small stress ball in her hands. Lucy was planning on bringing her best friends, Cam and Rory.

"Probably Olivia, and you, obviously. I'm assuming you want to bring Rory and Cam," Gracie said, reading her best friend's mind. She particularly took a liking to Lucy's friend, Rory. Probably because she and Lucy happened to be very similar.

"Yeah," Lucy replied with a smile, thinking about her friends. She and Cam had been friends since they were small. In high school, Lucy and Rory met in their freshman English class. They quickly became best friends at their all-girls school. Rory and Lucy had kissed just once. It was nothing real, just practice for Rory's first kiss.

After a couple of hours had passed, plans were made and the group was Lucy, Gracie, Olivia, Rory, and Cam. Gracie had showered first, leaving Lucy behind time-wise. She was blowing out her hair as Lucy was attempting to step out of the shower before realizing she had no towel.

"Cici, could you pass me a towel?" she asked loudly over the hair dryer. Gracie turned to Lucy and nodded, trying her best to not look. The girls have obviously undressed in front of each other before, but Gracie felt different now with these new...feelings.

She grabbed a towel from the linen closet and brought it back to Lucy with a smile. "Here," she said softly. Lucy took the towel from her hands and wrapped it around her body. She stepped out of the shower and walked to Gracie's bedroom, trying to pick something of hers to wear.

Her green eyes skimmed the brunette's closet before stopping on one of her tops of Gracie's. It was a silk emerald green top Gracie had only worn a few times. Lucy pulled it out of the closet and walked over to the bathroom where she asked Gracie if it was okay that she wear it. Of course, Gracie approved without a second look.

Before she put the top and jeans on though, she dressed herself in one of Gracie's over-sized t-shirts and pj shorts to get ready in. She walked into the bathroom and stood to the left of Gracie, going through her own makeup bag.

Gracie looked over at Lucy and chuckled, looking her up and down. Lucy looked back at her with a questioning look. "Your shirt is inside out and backwards, babe," she giggled, pulling the shirt over Lucy's head and turning it right side out. She balled it up in her hands and threw it at Lucy's chest.

"It's not my fault you don't like to fold your clothes. I'm the one that does it for you," Lucy stated, starting off with moisturizer.

Gracie rolled her eyes and started her makeup as well. 

                                  •

Lucy and Gracie met up with their friends at the party, which happened to be hosted by Madelyn Cline. The music was loud and the place was pretty packed. Lucy and Rory didn't separate at parties; they were too scared of what would happen. Cam was off looking for someone new to talk to. The options were open. Boys or girls. Gracie was doing something with Olivia. Rory and Lucy were sure they'd be back soon.