Bedtime Struggles {SJ}

Y/N- 3
Rose- 7
Cosmo- 4 Months

Scarlett's POV
Bedtime always seemed to be a struggle in our house. It seems as soon as one of the kids would fall asleep or be put to bed another would wake up. It was a never ending cycle everyday. But today it seemed to be really bad Cosmo was is sick, Y/N refuses to go anywhere near her room, and Rose is being very sassy and says if we make her go to bed she will show everybody on the internet what her baby brother looks like.

So yea.. Very interesting night routine and Colin isn't home yet from work so it's just me dealing with all the kids. I chased Y/N around the living room trying to put her pajamas on her as she yelled at me to get away and squealed. I sigh and eventually gave up plopping down on the couch.

" Okay i give up Y/N you can sleep in your princess dress." i groan. " YEAAA TANK YOU MAMA." She yells and runs around. I tried to shush her as i had just put cosmo to bed as he wasn't sleeping the best due to being sick. Just then i heard small cries coming from the baby monitor. I huff getting up and walking up to the nursery next to mine and Colin's bedroom.

I open up his door reaching down into the crib and picking up the crying child. " Hey shh it's okay baby mamas here." i coo at the crying baby on my chest. He eventually calls down and chews on his fingers. I walk back downstairs holding him as i hear fighting. Just great.

I walk into the living room seeing the girls fighting over the remote before Y/N barked at Rose? Literally barked like a dog.. I shake my head walking over to the two taking the remote making them groan. " Mama!" Rose groaned.

" No don't mama me Rose. You two are suppose to be getting ready for bed not watching tv. Now get upstairs and get ready for bed now." I sternly tell the two. Rose stomps her feet before huffing and going upstairs. Y/N is always more harder to get upstairs she puts up more of a fight. I have no idea why sleep is so good. Hell i'd love to be asleep right now.

" Y/N please go to bed!" i narrow my eyes at the girl. " No mama! I stay and wait for Dada!" She crosses her arms and pouts. " Hun dada will come upstairs and kiss you goodnight once he gets home okay? I promise." She kicks her feet and frowns at me. " But not same mama! Cosy gets to wait for dada." she whined. I sighed sitting beside Y/N.

" Baby that's because cosmos a baby he doesn't have a good sleep schedule plus he is sick. You have a sleep schedule and aren't sick lovey so that means it's your bedtime." she looks at me. " Oh.. Okay mama i guess i go to bed then. Night mama night cosy! Tell dada come night night too!" she giggled at me before running upstairs.

I laugh before Cosmo started Crying. " What's wrong bub?" I coo at the small infant. He whines and wiggled in my arms. I picked him up so he's standing up right before looking him in the face. " Cosmo what's wrong baby? Do you need medicine?" i asked as i saw him pulling on his ear. I got up and went to the kitchen grabbing the baby medicine before getting the right amount and giving it to him.

He kept trying to spit it out but then eventually he swallowed it. " There you go baby. That will make you feel better." I cooed at him. I went back into the living room laying him down on his play mat to play with some toys. He reached for some toys before grabbing them and sticking them in his mouth. I giggle and watch him from the couch. Just then the front door opened and in walked Colin.

" Oh hey Scar. I thought that you'd be in bed by now? But now i see why your up." i chuckled as he came in and saw the baby on the mat. He walked over pecking my lips before we heard footsteps and in ran Y/N in her Elsa dress that she has gotten for Christmas to use for dress up but now she insists on wearing it everyday.

" Y/N i told you Dada would come kiss you goodnight once he got home. Why are you out of bed?" i raise my eyebrow at the girl. She glared at me and sticks her tongue out. " No mama my dada! You no take him." she says as she runs and attaches onto Colin making us both confused on what's happening.

" Hunny? Whats wrong mamas not taking me away?" Colin asked as he bend down in front of our daughter and cupped her cheeks. She sniffled and hugged him. " No dada, mama take you away from me!" she cried and hugged her dad. " Hunny mama isn't taking me away though see i'm staying right her with you and Rose and Cosmo." Colin whispered as he hugged his daughter assuring her nobody was taking anybody.

" But dada! my dweam mama stole you!" she sobbed and cling onto Colin. Colin rubbed her head before pulling her away. " Hunny it was only a dream okay? Look see mama won't take me she shares me with everybody." he smiles softly. Y/N looks over at me making me nod softly as she runs over and jumps in my lap.

" I'm sorry mama! I thought you would steal dada." she pouts in my neck. I giggle. " It's okay Lovey i know i would never steal dada from either of you guys." She nods before yawning. " now why don't you go have dada go tuck you into bed." She smiles widely and runs to Colin grabbing his hand and running upstairs to her room. I laugh and look back to the baby whose chewing on his hand and playing with a toy.

I bend down beside him and tickle his sides. He lets out the cutest little laugh making me smile. I stop tickling him as he rolls over onto his back and reaches up for me. I smile and pick him up as he holds onto my shirt.

" Are you tired yet baby boy?" i look down at the child who makes a weird face at me making me laugh. " Hmm are you hungry?" i tickle his stomach making him kick his small legs and pull on my shirt. " Okay! Okay mama will feed you then." I smile. I pull my shirt down and unhook my bra before he immediately latches making he laugh. I stand up and walk back over to the couch to sit down.

About 30 minutes later Cosmo unlatches as he fell asleep. I hook my bra back up and pull back up my shirt before locking the doors downstairs and turning off lights and going to the nursery upstairs. I lay him down in his crib as he stirs a little fussing so i put his pacifier in his mouth as he falls back to sleep. I smile and leave the nursery and head to mine and Colin's room to see Colin sitting in bed.

" Hey stranger, I was thinking you weren't going to come up." he joked. I laugh as i got in bed and curled up beside him. " I had to feed your son and put him to bed." he smiled as he rubbed my back. "I'm tired now so let's sleep no more talking.." i sighed as i closed my eyes.

He nodded and pulled me closer until we both fell asleep.

Written- June 6, 2023
Published- June 6, 2023