Chapter 56: Wednesday

Start from the beginning

"I don't want girlscout cookies." She complained stomping her feet.

"What?" I questioned. I saw Harrison appear behind her.

"I'm so sorry she got her wisdom teeth removed and the drugs still have not worn off yet." He explained.

"Oh okay." I laughed.

"Harrison shes a pretty princess." His sister slurred before walking off into a different room.

"Um, please come in." Harrison said opening the door all the way. I stepped inside and took my shoes off while he closed the door behind me. "I'm sorry about my sister again."

"Oh it's completely fine. It was funny anyways." I responded. I followed Harrison up to his room where he respectfully left the door wide open. We sat on his bed and began planning. "So if we text Sam tonight I'm sure he could get a cake baked with his mom before tomorrow night."

"Okay thats good and we can have it in my backyard. It could be a pool party." He offered.

"Yes, Paddy loves swimming." I responded.

"I can get pizza before it starts too." Harrison explained.

"Okay perfect, should we go shopping for decorations?" I questioned.

"I thought you would never ask." Harrison responded, making me laugh. We made our way downstairs and I began putting on my shoes. "Is it okay if my sister comes with us? I'm technically supposed to be looking after her."

"Oh yeah of course." I replied. Harrison went into the other room and came back pulling his sister by the arm.

"I don't want to go." Harrison's sister complained. Harrison ignored her and put on his shoes.

"Okay here we go." Harrison explained picking his sister up and bringing her out to the car because she didn't have shoes on. I followed them out to the car before getting in. "Okay what music are we thinking."

"One direction!" Harrison's sister yelled from the back seat.

"Okay one direction?" Harrison questioned looking over at me, I nodded with a smile. Harrison drove us up to a party city and parked the car. "Charlotte are you cool with staying in the car?" Harrison asked but there was no response, we turned around to see her fast asleep in the back seat. We laughed quietly before getting out of the car. We went into the party store.

"Should we do a theme?" I questioned.

"Like what science or chess?" Harrison replied. I laughed.

"Yeah I guess paddy is kind of nerdy." I responded.

"He totally gets that from you." Harrison explained and I dramatically gasped.

"Does not." I replied.

"Does he get it from Tom?" Harrison asked.

"No." I answered.

"Does he get it from Harry?" Harrison questioned.

"No." I replied.

"Does he get it from Sam?" Harrison repeated.

"No." I said finally.

"Then it's you." Harrison reasoned.

"Ouch." I replied.

"Being nerdy isn't a bad thing though considering Paddy is my favorite brother out of the bunch." Harrison explained and I laughed. Eventually we decided to do no theme and just pick decorations with the color blue. We bought balloons, candles, plates, napkins, table clothes, and Harrison bought blue hair dye to spray into his hair.

"That will not be going into my hair." I explained before he got any ideas.

"Why not?" Harrison frowned as we were walking out of the store.

"Because it makes your hair like stick together and it has such a weird texture to it." I responded which made Harrison laugh. We got back into his car where his sister was still sleeping. He drove us back to his house. Once we arrived he gently lifted his sister from the back seat and brought her upstairs. Their relationship seemed really cute, they seemed close. After a few minutes Harrison came downstairs.

"Sorry about that, I wanted to tuck her in so tightly that she wouldn't be able to get out of the bed." Harrison explained.

"What if there's like a fire or something?" I questioned.

"Ehh she'll be fine." Harrison replied and I smiled. "I had fun tonight."

"Yeah me too and I think Paddy will really appreciate all of this." I responded and Harrison nodded. Harrison looked past me and looked outside.

"It's kind of dark outside, you want me to walk you out?" Harrison questioned. I nodded. We walked outside in comfortable silence and eventually arrived at my car that was parked on the side of the road.

"Thank you for helping me plan and walking me out." I praised. Harrison smiled.

"Yeah no problem. I'm excited for tomorrow." Harrison explained.

"Me too." I replied. I unlocked my car and opened the door.

"Um text me when you get to the Holland's okay?" Harrison questioned.

"Yeah of course." I replied. "Goodnight Harrison."

"Goodnight y/n." Harrison replied. I closed my door and made sure Harrison was making his way up his driveway before driving off. After a few minutes I arrived back at the Holland's and parked my car before going inside.

"Y/n where have you been? They've been creaming me in Mario cart." Paddy complained. I laughed.

"I'll help you in a few minutes, I'm going to shower first." I replied. Luckily, Tom didn't even look up at me because he was so focused on the game. I made my way upstairs and took a quick shower before joining the boys. I pulled out my phone and texted Harrison that I had arrived. I sat next to Paddy of course. They were in the middle of a round so I watched as Sam and Harry beat Paddy and Tom like usual. "Okay I'm here to help."

"Bout time." Tom said under his breath, sliding a controller in my direction. I played a few rounds of Mario cart and everything was normal once again. Of course my team of me, Tom, and Paddy never won but it was still fun.

"Bed time." Nikki explained coming downstairs. "You all have school in the morning."

"Ugh." Sam complained getting up along with Harry. In the Holland house there is this unsaid rule that the losers of a game have to clean up. I grabbed one of the blankets that Sam was using and began to fold it.

"Goodnight guys!" Paddy said making his way upstairs leaving just Tom and I.

"Um, Harrison and I are throwing a surprise birthday party for Paddy tomorrow if you want to come." I explained trying to create conversation.

"Sure I'll be there." He responded.

"It's a pool party." I added and he nodded.

"So you were at Harrison's then?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Tonight, the reason why you came home so late is because you were at Harrison's." He explained.

"Yeah for a little bit but we also went to a party store to buy decorations." I responded and he nodded. "Why do you care so much anyways?"

"Oh I don't." Tom replied.

"Okay then, we'll im going to bed." I explained, placing the folded blanket on the couch and making my way upstairs. I went into the guest bedroom and changed into some of my pjs. I hadn't worn them in a while because I was used to sleeping in Tom's oversized clothes but I guess I would have to be getting used to it. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and then went back to the guest room. I checked my phone before going to sleep and saw a text from Harrison.

Harrison: Glad you made it there safe. I'll see you tomorrow at school. Goodnight y/n.

I smiled to myself before getting comfortable in bed and drifting off into a deep sleep.