༺ 02

✩ OCEAN EYES ✩

OCEAN EYES

"It is irresponsible, your sisters are only here for one phase of the Coral Moon, can you imagine any one of them missing the gathering?" Triton asked his daughter.

"No, you're right, I'm sorry." Nixie said.

"It wasn't Nixie's fault! We were exploring and then there was this shark and-" Flounder explained but was interrupted by Triton

"Shark?!" He exclaimed. "So you went to the shipwrecks again, those waters are dangerous."

"Father, you don't have to worry about me." Nixie says.

"Well, I do worry, my little one, I do worry, this obsession with humans has to stop."

"I just wanna know more about them." Nixie protested.

"You know all you need to know." Triton said.

"I barely know anything, you won't even let us go to the surface!" Nixie said.

"Why do you have to be so strong minded, just like your mother?" Triton said.

"I am her daughter." Nixie said.

"Yes. Foolish enough to be taken with the human world." Triton said.

"If you would just try to understand-" Nixie tried to protest.

"Oh, I have tried. I have tried to understand you long enough but as you live in my ocean you'll obey my rules. Do you understand that?" Triton said.

Nixie didn't answer, she swam away, Flounder then followed behind.

"Children." Sebastian began. "You give them an inch, they'll swim all over you."

"Was I too hard on her?" Triton asked.

"Definitely not, it's like I always say...Children got to live by their parents' rules." Sebastian says.

"You are absolutely right, Sebastian." Triton says. "My Nixie needs constant supervision."

"Constant." Sebastian says.

"Someone to watch over her."

"All the time, day and night." Sebastian says.

"...And you are just the crab to do it." Triton says.

"I am just the crab to- No, wait, that's not...what? No, see...I serve you, your Majesty, as your honorable majordomo." Sebastian says.