Cheng Yun didn't say anything to them. As long as the steps weren't wrong, he let them carry on. They fiddled with it for almost half an hour before they were finally able to put the ingredients in the pot.

Cheng Bao'er turned his head and secretly glanced at Cheng Yun. Cheng Yun smiled at him and praised, "Not bad, you didn't make any mistakes in the steps. Now we just have to wait for it to boil."

Cheng Bao'er breathed a sigh of relief at his words, and looked up at Wang Liang with a smile. The latter was dazzled by his smile and blushed, silly smiling along with him.

Cheng Yun shook his head and smiled, letting them rest for a while. When the soup was almost ready, he would extinguish it and add rock sugar. After giving instructions, he went to the backyard to busy himself with his own matters.

It had been more than a month since he last used the speech spirit. Recently, Cheng Yun had been thinking about where to use this precious speech spirit.

There were still many seeds at home, bought for one cent each from the seed store in town when he first arrived with Aunt Wang. There were about twenty different crops in total. Cheng Yun was thinking whether he should plant all of them at once, or use the speech spirit directly on Yang Hongjin to help him improve his intelligence a little.

He opened the illustration book and saw that there was a crop called Sharp Onion in the second-level system. If he upgraded, Cheng Yun's first priority would definitely be to exchange for this crop.

Although his ultimate goal was to make that fool smarter, he also quite liked Yang Hongjin's current state. He could occasionally talk to him about his thoughts without worrying about being treated as an oddball. He could even bully him with a clear conscience.

After weighing the pros and cons, Cheng Yun decided to plant the seeds first, and upgrade a few levels at once. This way, he could earn points, level up the speech spirit, and harvest crops to eat, killing three birds with one stone.

Of course, he secretly hoped that Yang Hongjin could maintain this state a little longer, so he could depend on him a bit more.

Cheng Yun harvested all the matured Chinese cabbage that he had previously planted, lit up the icon of Chinese cabbage in his plant collection, added the mung bean sprouts he grew earlier and the points he had left over from previous exchanges. At this point, he had twelve points left, and he was only three points away from upgrading to level two.

He then planted all the seeds he had been saving up at once. Just as he was about to start "chanting the spell," there was a loud bang from the front yard.

"What's going on?" Cheng Yun frowned and stood up. He heard Cheng Bao'er gasp and Wang Liang shout "ah" before he even entered the main hall.

Cheng Yun's frown deepened as he took three quick steps forward. He smelled the rusty, bloody odor before he even stepped into the hall. He saw Yang Hongjin pressing hard on his left arm with his right hand, which had a large cut on it. The blood was staining the wood on the ground red, and the injured man had red eyes and a furrowed brow. When he saw Cheng Yun, he cried out with a hint of grievance, "Wife..."

Cheng Yun's face sank as he hurried over, telling Cheng Bao'er to fetch a basin of clean water. When he approached Yang Hongjin, he saw that blood was still dripping down his arm, and his heart ached. "What happened? How did you get hurt?" Yang Hongjin was usually very careful, and nothing like this had ever happened before. At most, he had accidentally scratched himself with some poorly sanded wood, but nothing like this serious injury.

Cheng Bao'er moved quickly, bringing over a basin of water. Cheng Yun washed his hands and then pressed down on the injured area on Yang Hongjin's arm, letting Bao'er wash a towel and wrap it tightly around the wound.