Celebration Amidst Chaos (1.3)

Start from the beginning

The reactions varied from shock, joy, excitement and then the realization that they would once again have less hands to help out in the ER once Ahreum's pregnancy advances.

Nurse Joo and Nurse Uhm were overjoyed at the news, the duo immediately started planning their own shopping sprees to buy things and whatnots that Ahreum might need.

Doctor Jung & Doctor Bae were also overjoyed but knowing that Ahreum & Euntak will have to go on leave in a few months... Simply destroyed and stressed them out.

Doctor Jung even started his so called 'father talk' to Euntak. Claiming that he has the real know hows to new dads. (And yes!!! Seo Woojin also had to sit through 2 hours of Doctor Jung's lecture once after announcing that he and Eunjae were expecting)

After some congratulations and celebrations, work and duty had to go on.

As the emergency room and trauma center filled with patients, their duties and jobs had to go on. Ahreum had been assigned to treat and take care of the less 'alarming' patients to avoid putting her into stress. 

This only meant that Jang DongHwa and Lee SunWoong were basically left to take care of the harder cases. As Euntak had to keep his post in the trauma center, he had asked Nurse Uhm to keep an eye on Ahreum and to call him if anything were to happen. 

But Ahreum being Ahreum had gotten quite frustrated with the 2 rookie doctors and had quickly pushed them to the side as she instead leads the emergency room. Despite protests from Nurse Uhm and the 2 doctors, she had managed to finish up the job quickly eventually moving on to another patient. 

But just as she was about to approach another bed, a hand suddenly grabs her arm, abruptly stopping her from her tracks. 

Gazing up to the person, she finds herself crossing eyes with the familiar hazel eyes of her husband. Innocently flashing a smile, she tilts her head and tries to give him the 'Ahreum charm' to escape scathe free from what seems to be a scolding. 

Euntak didn't intend to scold her though. He knew she wasn't the type to simply stand idly by while patients called out in pain and the 2 doctors struggled to get the whole emergency room together. So instead of letting her be stressed and exhausted alone, Park Euntak swiftly asked Master Kim and Director Park for permission to be placed in the ER to help out his wife for the time being. 

Gently and sweetly smiling down at her, Euntak leans forward and plants a gentle peck on her forehead. 

'Ya! If you were gonna be so disobedient, might as well tell me in advanced. I've asked for permission to be here so you can boss me around instead of exhausting yourself and doing everything by yourself.' 

With a slight hint of pink tinged on her cheeks, Ahreum slyly grins and nods as she squeezed his hands gently in return for his rare public display of affection. 

'Let's go to work then....sweetheart.' 

If only there was a microphone in her heart, she could swear the sound of the constant beating would have already bounced off the walls of the whole Doldam Hospital. Gently taking his hand with a smile, Ahreum and nods and replies with her tiny sweet voice. 

'그래 (keurae)..... honey!' 

Honey simply dripped from the couple's eyes as they gazed at each other. It was as if the whole chaos in the background and the plethora of patients crying, screaming and whining in the background were completely forgotten and erased. 

As the couple finally went to work on the emergency patients together. Nurse Uhm and Jang DongHwa watched from the nurse's counter in amusement. 

'And I thought only Seo ssaem and Cha ssaem were so cringey when they were together. Pray for my soul..... I'm still single and yet I'm surrounded by so many cheesy couples everyday.' 

DongHwa turns his gaze to Nurse Uhm and chuckles. 

'Uhm Ssaem, you might as well get used to this.... I just received a text from Insoo sunbae and apparently Euntak ssaem will be working here with us for now. Now that she's pregnant.... there's no stopping them for showing too much PDA anymore....gosh, this is really like Seo ssaem and Cha ssaem all over again.....'

Rolling his eyes after witnessing Euntak planting a kiss on Ahreum's cheek as he was passing by, DongHwa sighs and leans on the counter with a exasperated sigh. 

'I seriously need to start going on blind dates....'

Author's Notes: 

Okay, so personally.... I wasn't super satisfied with this multi shot and how it was written.

My head hasn't been at the right place for dayssss.

But despite the lacking work, hope you somehow enjoyed it and feel free to request which couple you want in the next one shot or maybe send me an idea if you want. 

I've been wanting to write more for our dimple couple so you've definitely come to the right place if you love them 💐💫

But I will be writing for our Reset Couple as well so feel free to send me any ideas or requests.

Crossing my fingers to have Euntak and Ahreum finally make up in tomorrow's episode cause I am so freaking frustrated with the way they simply dragged it out for weeks 😭

Happy Reading Y'all

-🍑

Thanks Minjae for the idea 🤣🌹