12. Two Against Three

Start from the beginning

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot," Marie declared with conviction. Rosalie believed her, as she had also heard a few stories through the grapevine. If Klaus was real, then he wasn't someone you'd want to be on the bad side of.

"Alright, we're shaking. You made your point," Damon concluded.

Damon, Marie, and Rosalie took an unprompted road trip to Richmond

Damon, Marie, and Rosalie took an unprompted road trip to Richmond. It had been a seven-hour drive during which she sat in the backseat. That almost made Rosalie start to regret insisting on tagging along. Damon had been hard to convince but she hadn't relented.

Marie said that she had a contact named Slater who was very low on the "totem pole" of Elijah's entourage. Damon and Rosalie hoped that he could help them find Klaus.

After the long drive, they parked the car in an underground parking lot near the coffee shop where they were supposed to meet Marie's friend.

"Back entrance. How convenient," Damon observed.

"That's the point. We can't all have little daylight rings," Marie criticized as she waved her fingers to show the lack of jewelry.

"Maybe if I start to like you I'll make you one," Rosalie declared in a taunting manner.

Marie gave half a laugh. "How generous."

"How do you know this Slater guy is even here?" Damon asked as they walked away from the car.

"I called him. He's here. He's always here," Marie replied.

"Good," Damon stated. Then, using his super speed, he pushed Marie against the concrete pillar near them. "Just one thing. If you're setting us up in any way, I will rip your heart out and shove it down your throat. It's something I'm very good at," He threatened with a very upbeat attitude.

Marie grabbed him and pushed him against the car, twisting his arm behind his back. "I'm older than you and stronger. Don't get on my bad side."

Rosalie sighed and used her telekinesis to pull Marie away from her brother, slamming her against the pillar just like Damon had done a few seconds ago.

"And I have a bad temper, don't get on my bad side." The witch added with a sly smile. She released the vampire, letting her fall on her feet.

"Duly noted," Marie stated and then looked at the siblings. "You guys can trust me."

The trio made their way inside the coffee shop where people were lounging around in. It was bright inside, as the natural light peeked through the windows.

"Whoa. What about the sunlight?" Damon wondered.

"Double paned and tempered. UV rays can't penetrate. You see the appeal now?" Marie explained.

"That and the free Wi-Fi," Someone spoke up from their left. He and Marie embraced each other therefore Rosalie assumed it must be Slater.

"Hey, how are you?" Marie asked him.