12. Two Against Three

2 x 09 - Katerina

Luckily for her, Marie had managed to convince the Salvatores to let her stay at the boarding house

Luckily for her, Marie had managed to convince the Salvatores to let her stay at the boarding house. She had taken the time to apologize to Rosalie for the kidnapping which the girl appreciated.

Elena had made her way to the boarding house per Stefan's request so that Marie could tell them everything she knew about Klaus.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real."

"Who is he?" Elena asked from her place on the couch.

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend," Damon replied as he leaned against the sofa Rosalie sat on.

"From the first generation of vampires," Rosalie added.

Elena frowned. "Like Elijah?"

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal," Marie answered and Rosalie thought she was exaggerating a little bit.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan said.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" The doppelgänger questioned in disbelief.

"Yes."

"No."

Marie and Stefan spoke at the same time. Stefan was probably trying to minimize the gravity of the situation, but they all knew how bad it actually was.

Damon walked forward to stand beside Marie. "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..."

Marie rolled her eyes. "Which it is."

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you," Damon continued.

"Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe," He finished.

Stefan stepped forward as well. "Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist."

"Not that you know of," Marie stated.

Damon shot her a look. "That's not helping."

"Elijah's also probably gonna haunt our asses," Rosalie added. When her brothers told her how they had killed Elijah, she found it hard to believe. How could two young vampires could kill a thousand years old one?

"That's not helping either."

Stefan sat down beside Elena. "Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."