Chapter 1

"Did you hear? The volleyball team got a manager!"

"What? Boy or girl?"

"Dunno, they're pretty lucky though. To be the volleyball team's manager..."

"Shut up Akito, let's go."

Third person pov
"Now, let's welcome our new manager, Kozume Kenma from 2nd grade!" Nekamata sensei clapped his hands loudly for the shy pudding head boy.

"Whaaaat? Karasuno got a girl!" Yamamoto complained.

"Shut up Yamamoto," Yaku said as he hit the boy with his elbow.

"Yeah, Yamamoto, isn't he cute—I mean, nice?" Kuroo said as he looked at the boy. Yamamoto narrowed his eyes at Kuroo. (A/N: bombastic side eye)

"You don't have a-?"

"Shut up."

"Alright alright," Yamamoto said as he smirked at Kuroo.

"Welcome to the team. I'm the captain Kuroo," Kuroo smiled as he shook hands with Kenma. Kenma gasped slightly due to their height difference. He had to look up to see the rooster head. Kuroo chuckled as tints of pink appeared on Kenma's cheeks.

Kenma's pov
I hurriedly fold the towels as the team members started to warm up.

"Kenma, would you mind getting the ball cart and check if the balls got enough air in them?" the coach asked me.

"Yes of course," I replied as I finished folding the last towel. Then I went into the storage room to do my job.

"Alright everyone, last week we had a practise match with Karasuno. And some of our spikes weren't that good, the blocks too. So today we'll focus on that!" the coach explained to the members as I jot down notes.

"Kenma, could you get some water for the boys?" the coach asked me when the members were practising spikes, I think.

"Yes of course," I ran to the bench to pick up water bottles.

"Yamamoto! Your arm should swing back more before you spike!" The coach shouted as I ran out of the court.

"I hope I don't mess up, the coach seemed really strict..." I thought to myself as I filled the water bottles up.

I soon ran back to the court with the bottles as the first thing I saw was Kuroo senpai (A/N : SENPAIIIIII) spiking the ball with those strong arms of his.

"Nice kill Kuroo!"

I stared at him as he went under the net to get the ball back. He must have noticed me, as he flashed a smile at me, or was it a smirk?

I shook my head as I put down the bottles on the benches and started to jot down notes like Nekomata sensei told me too.

"Alright, now we'll some blocking practises. Since we only have one setter, Shiriba..." the coach explained as I checked whether the court was slippery or not.

Kuroo's pov
I wiped my sweat off with a towel after the practise as Shiriba came and held on my arms.

"How were my sets, senpai?" he asked, still clinging on my arms.

"They could be better," I answered half-heartedly.

"Like? Tell meee Kuroo senpai," Shiriba said as he held onto me even tighter.

"It could be higher and..." I replied as I saw Kenma running into the court with extra towels for us. God was he beauti—

"And?" Shiriba repeated.

"Oh and um, a bit closer to the net," I answered, my attention drawn back to the setter.

Third person pov

"Alright boys, the two days long training camp will be coming this Saturday, which is tomorrow! We're lucky that Karasuno will be joining us. Grasp this chance and better yourselves!" Nekomata sensei said.

"Yes sir!" The members replied.

As Kuroo was packing up, Shiriba came up to him.

"Wanna go home together?" Shiriba asked, smiling as he bent down sideways to see the captain's face.

"Oh, I have some things to do before leaving. You can leave without me," Kuroo said as he puts on his jacket.

"Oh alright, see you tomorrow then!"

As Shiriba left, Kuroo went and pat on the pudding head's shoulders.

"Yes Kuroo senpai?" Kenma turned around from tidying the benches. Kuroo blushed slightly at the word "senpai" (A/N: SENPAIIIIIIIII)

"Can I get your phone number?"

Kenma blinked rather rapidly, as red flushed up his cheeks.

"Oh no no don't get me wrong. I just wanted to get your phone number since I was the, you know, captain," Kuroo explained as he saw the shades of red upon Kenma's face.

"S-sure, here..." Kenma stuttered as he wrote his number on his notebook and tear the piece out for Kuroo.

"Thanks!" Kuroo said as he shoved the paper into his pockets. He then grabbed his bag and left the court.

Kenma turned back to tidy the benches.

"Ahhh...what was I thinking..." Kenma said as he stood up and went to pack his bags.

—TBC

End of chapter 1!!

so if u're confused about the plot, kenma is not the setter of nekoma in this story and shiriba (a made up character) took his place instead.
don't ask why i put this character here he'll be useful later ;))

please tell me if i made any mistakes and feel free to request or suggest some ff ideas!

thanks for reading!!