part 1

ryleigh

today is the day me and some of the girls from my orphanage are going to the taylor swift concert, the eras tour. i don't really know her songs, but i'm still excited to go. a charity donated ten tickets and i'm one of the people that are going. i am the youngest one going. some of the older girls said that i shouldn't go because i am too young but no one else wanted to go and there isn't much selection because it is a small orphanage.

i wasn't born into the orphanage like some other girls, where they were born and immediately given to the orphanage, i had parents till about 4 months ago when they were killed in a car accident. i didn't have family to go to. they were both an only child and their parents weren't around, so that's how i ended up here.

i'm pretty excited to go to the concert mostly to get out of here and go do something. this orphanage is one of the nicer ones, so i hear. it's cleaner and doesn't have a lot of people. anyways, i'm sitting in my room right now and i am trying to decide what to wear tonight. i decide on jean shorts and a taylor swift shirt the charity donated along with the tickets.

at around 6 we all load up the big van all excited for the night ahead of us. when we get there i am looking around at everything as we find it so fascinating. miss kelly, the lady who runs the orphanage is walking us to our seats and i find out we are on the floor, we are so close!

the older girls start to freak out when we pass this big black tent and start talking to this older man and woman, we stand at the tent as they talk to us and discover we are all from an orphanage.

"and who are you?" the kind lady asks. it takes me a second the realize she is talking me.

"answer her." sarah scorns me and slightly pushes me forward making me quickly embarrassed as the man and women glare at sarah

"ryleigh." i say quietly

we talk for a couple more minutes but i stay quiet. i notice the lady glancing at me every now and then but i try to keep my head down. i quickly learned when i came to the orphanage to just stay quiet and i'll be okay. when my parents were alive, the same procedure followed. if i stayed quiet i wouldn't get screamed at or hit.

we go to our seats and get ready for the show to start. i don't know what to expect but i'm really excited.

i'm on the end next to miss kelly mainly because none of the girls wanted to sit by me. the two openers came on and i was having so much fun, it was such a cool experience. after the second person went off everyone was saying taylor is going on now, so we're standing there waiting. as we're waiting i see the lady from the tent appear next to me as i'm on the aisle and miss kelly turns and sees her as well. she has two big men in black standing with her. everyone around us starts freaking out. what is the big deal about this lady

"hi, i'm sorry to bother you, but i was wondering if you wanted to come sit in the tent during the tent for the show tonight?" she asks looking me and the people around us start freaking out again. this lady was really nice unlike the people i'm here with making me excited.

"are you sure you want her, the other girls are big taylor swift fans, she's just here because we had an extra ticket." miss kelly says making me sad. the lady looks at me "yes i'm sure, now would you like to come sit in the tent?" she asks again smiling and extends her hand for me to take it.

"yes!" i exclaim excitedly and take the lady's hand. i don't even bother to look back at the girls. everyone looks at us as we walk to the tent.

we get to the tent and there's about 8 other people in there.

me and the lady sit on chairs towards the back

"so you're name is ryleigh?" she asks me and i nod. i don't really know the lady so i'm getting really shy