article three 〉

eui entertainments rookie girl group lucidream is struggling

@kimjiseokk september 29th, 2019

eui entertainment debuted their long-awaited girl group lucidream this february and they had their first comeback about a month ago

eui entertainment debuted their long-awaited girl group lucidream this february and they had their first comeback about a month ago. they have a fresh concept, skilled members, big-budget music videos, and a strong and established company behind them. this should be an easy recipe for success for most groups... but somehow lucidream has been limboing under all the expectations.

they have barely gathered a fanbase in korea. their eps are selling far worse than a group from a company as big as eui should. their title tracks charted very low and only for a couple of days. lucidreams only strength seems to be in youtube views, thanks to small but seemingly dedicated international fans. too bad that doesn't usually get groups very far.

one can speculate the reasons behind this. the members seem talented and most of their songs are at least likable and definitely strong and unique, but they just don't stand out like they should. this becomes extremely apparent when comparing to their labelmates, magnolia, and 2day. both of them got very popular quickly after their debuts and especially magnolia is one of the most successful and famous kpop groups to exist. seems like lucidream might be doomed from the start to stay in the shadow of their elders.

if you want to form your option about them, you can check this stage of their comeback song pirate:

stay tuned and stream kpop!

minimochi 〉 they're in their flop era

pastelllie it feels like they just don't have the it factor like groups such as magnolia, bts, and blackpink have

jinniefan 〉 i don't get how people don't pay attention to lucidream. their songs are catchy as hell and look at their stage charisma!

anniesmith can't copy magnolias popularity just by being from the same company, huh