8.Like a moth to a flame

Start from the beginning

"Mom, pinch me please." He said sitting near Aqsa who was smiling at his antics.

"Should I do the honour?" Nawal asked before Aqsa could pinch him.

"Yes, bhabhi jaan." Zayan nodded, showing his set of thirty two teeth.

But seconds later, the dining room echoed from his high pitched scream followed by laughters of the selfish people who were celebrating this moment.

"Now when you are not able to fight with Adil bhai, you are channeling your negative energy on me." He cried whilst rubbing the spot where just a while ago Nawal had pinched.

"Zayan." Haidar reprimanded.

Momina was witnessing her fiancé 's drama with a constant smile on her lips.

She wasn't used to this kind of frankness between family members. The aura of her house was nothing to be called as warm. Her mother always was out of the house for her NGO services. Her father was out for his business and her only brother Ahsan was busy with study, friends and football. She didn't even get to meet them daily.

"Mom, I want to marry ASAP." He spoke, few minutes later when he saw everyone engaged in their breakfast and his newly wedded bhai and bhabhi engaged in a conversation through their eyes. Though he made sure that Haidar and Murad were out of the dining area before getting forward with his demand.

Momina gasped and Aqsa frowned at his sudden demand.

At her sudden gasp of surprise he winked at her and she looked down flushed.

"But didn't you say you will wait till your masters?" Aqsa asked him doubting on his mental stability.

"I said it because I was an idiot." He grimaced.

"You still are." Adil mumbled and Nawal snickered.

Zayan ignored them royally and addressed Aqsa whilst completely turning towards her.

"I don't have any problem if you promise to sponsor my marriage ceremony and convince dad to sponsor my after marriage life until I get a stable job." He said and tried to act shy by ducking down his face.

"Aaa..." His head shot up when he got smacked by his one and only mother Aqsa.

"MOM." He cried in a sudden show of his honour getting smacked by his mother in front of his newly engaged fiancé.

"What mom?" Aqsa said smacking his head again.

"Mom, at least think about my reputation before publicly tarnishing it." He scowled, seeing Momina shaking whilst controlling her laughters.

Everyone was enjoying the banter between the mother-son duo.

"Aqsa, he didn't say anything wrong. If he wants to marry why wouldn't you let him." Uzma jumped in the conversation.

"I love you khala." Zayan sent her a flying kiss.

"Aapa, you don't know this buffoon. He isn't even serious with himself, how am I supposed to trust him with Momina." Aqsa was really in the mood to take out all her pent up frustrations caused by him.

"Mom, once I've heard that responsibility makes a man responsible." He made a proverb using his cunning mind.

"If you would focus on your study Instead of wasting your energy and time on fooling me and your dad, you wouldn't ask for sponsorship." Aqsa grimaced at his useless cleverness.

"I don't even know how Momina ended up with you." She mumbled, which was loud enough for everyone.

"Aani doesn't know that Momina is here only because you didn't focus on your studies." Nawal whispered in his ears, snickering whilst he showed her his tongue.

"Nawal." Adil called her whilst getting up from his chair.

"Yes, Adil? " She asked him whilst turning her gaze from Zayan.

"From chudail and dinosaur to Nawal and Adil..... What a journey it is?" Zayan sighed whilst munching on his now cooled paratha.

Adil glared at him and took a blushing Nawal out of the dining room. He knew, once in a while that buffoon in him awake in wouldn't stop until and unless it is put to sleep by Aqsa's highly aimed slipper that would directly hit his head or Dad's highly intense glare which would pass through his thick skull and penetrate his nerve cell and deactivate some of them.

***

Like/Comment/Share

Happy reading!
See ya tomorrow