Chapter 22

I left the man's fine office in a hurry wanting to contemplate what this means not only for me, but for Percy as well.
This ship belong to Dicathen, my home, well my old one at least.

How could I face everyone? After being gone for two years?
My breath became shallow and the brims of my eyes stung but I pushed everything back as I heard the sniffles of little Percy and his small delicate hands grab and pull on my now blond locks.

I swiped my thumb at his soft cheek as he cracked the cutest smile and I couldn't help but forget all my worries.
Some guards ushered me back down the deck stairs and at first I thought they would send me back to the boats lower deck with the rest of the prisoners but instead I was lead to a different portion of he ship. I was still getting stared as I walked by others but I kindly ignored them.

After walking down a short way under the main top deck which was almost like a small damp hallway but was better then where I was before he stopped at a door Which I assumed must be a room. the man looked me in he eyes for the first time and gave me a tight lipped smile and handed me a thin almost baby blue blanket.
I nodded my head in acknowledgment and gave a tired thank you.

He left as I entered the small room which had a small twin bed with a window that stood directly above the bed frame looking out into the vast sea. And besides the bed mattress that had questionable stains on it, it was simple and cozy.
The first thing I did was take the thin blanket handed to me and set it on the bed straightening it out. I took Percy from my make shift straddle with my now loose and battered clothing and set him in the center changing him of his diaper and wrapping him up in the much more softer fabric.

It bring back some memories of when me and Agrona bickered back in forth about which was the right way to swaddle a baby.
I'm almost positive my way was right but he's a stubborn man.
I let out a light laugh at the memory.

The wind ruined the mood as it bit against my bare arms, legs, and torso.

I was pretty much have fucking naked at this point! They could've at least offered me a change of clothes for fucks sake!!

I sat laid on my back on the bed not wanting my face to touch the gross mattress and laid a warm Percy next to me.
He was already drifting off and I was almost there as well.
I was tired.
So very tired.

I clutched the necklace that was given to me and almost felt as if he was here with me.
Damn.... talk about attachment issues.
I need a hobby.
Thoughts and memories continued to swirl my tired mind as I tried my best to keep my eyes open but sleep finally succumbed to me after the intense conscious battle.

When I awoke I must've had a good 12 hours because the early morning sun rayed through the window. My stomach grumbles with hunger as I sat up. I haven't got that much sleep since Percy was born.
Wait... "PERCY!" I scrambled off the bed half expecting to fine him squished under me but only found the thin covers. Relief swept me but a new panic arose because he was nowhere to be found. I swung the door the door open with so much force it almost came off the hinges.
I sped walked through the halls looking around every corner but he was no where in sight.

As if on cue I heard the faint sound of his little babble baby talk. I ran down a stairway and was hit with the intense smell of salt and sweat.
As my eyes adjusted I saw my Percy in the arms of the captain I met the other day.

I stomped over towards him seething. "What the fuck!" I grabbed the back of his stupidly nice shirt and looked him in the eye. I hated the fact I had to crane my neck to meet his gaze.
Before he could even say anything I took Percy from his arms and held him tightly. "What the hell is wrong with you. He's mine! You can't just take him like that, you almost gave me a Goddamn heart attack!" I yelled voice slightly cracking making me more then a little embarrassed.

"Hold your horses kid, I never meant no harm to the little devil." He tried to pat my shoulder but I backed away from his touch.
"Then why take him!" I demanded. "The little thing was crying and despite our rooms being so far apart even I could hear him. I came in just to see what was going on be yer was dead asleep so I just decided to calm him down meself. He fed and everything if it make yer feel better." I looked at the man processing his fast explanation. "Oh" I muttered under my breath. "But still! You can't just take him, next time wake me up." I said sternly.

"Noted"

Hey bitchessss
I like died ngl.
i was sitting in class writing this
And to that lovely insta post about me and my fics I love ya girly hope you die to♥️♥️♥️