Chapter 49 - The Love

Start from the beginning

       (O/N)'s eyes widened and she immediately shook her head. "You can barely stand! Dog, no!"

"Someone has to protect them until the others get here..." Dog protested. If only 12 go after them now, that would only leave more people getting hurt. They needed 11, the Outsiders, and Edith's group if they were to stand a chance against the Elitists. But Dog didn't like the thought of B and (Y/N) up there alone.

      He was the fastest and knew the ins and outs of the asylum. His injuries will be fully healed in time. "I'll be fine. I know how to get around the asylum. I'll bring them back."

      (O/N) wanted to refuse this again but the Chief knew that it was their only option if they wanted to save their daughter and the girl before the battle started. He felt comfortable having someone on the team go after them. "Just make sure they're both safe. Once the other groups get here, we'll be there in no time to get you all out. Understood?"

"Jules!" (O/N) tried to say but Dog nodded his head as he turned to leave. The Head Keeper watched him go, desperately. "Just stay safe! Please!"

"I will..." Dog called back as he bit back the pain in his injuries and started dashing out.

"So what's this I'm hearing about your daughter and that demon?" Came the voice of Torres who approached the parents.

      Jules let out a grunt as he began leading his wife over to the doctor to make sure her heart was ok. "Not now, Torres."

      As they walked past her, the Head Keeper in training shook her head in disbelief. "Great. So now we have to throw the whole plan aside for a rescue mission now..."

      (O/N) gritted her teeth as she stopped walking and Jules looked back at her with a 'just ignore her' expression. But the older woman had enough. She whipped around and started matching up to Torres. "They have my daughter! What do you expect us to do?!"

"Well maybe if you and your daughter weren't so careless around demons, we wouldn't be in this mess." Torres stated, a look of annoyance over her face.

"Hey!" Jules stepped in, ready to give the heartless woman a piece of his mind but his wife held him back.

      (O/N) gave Torres a lasting look before she turned away to go seek out the doctor. "You can forget about the position."

       Torres tsked as she crossed her arms. "You're going to fire me? You don't have the power, ma'am. Mrs. Sitari does."

"Sure." The Head Keeper simply said. Jules gave Torres a lasting glare before going to follow his wife and create plans for the rescue.

        Back in the asylum, (Y/N) around her cell room looking for anything that can help her escape. She tried looking for secret tunnels, using her blood to cut the chain on her cuffs, and even shaking the bars in hopes that one of them was loose. But nothing worked...

       Meanwhile, Yama sat across from her in his own cell trying to come up with a way to escape. It was easier the last time he was here when he wasn't locked away and had time to think up something. He looked over when he heard slashing and saw (Y/N) trying to use her vines that break open the cell. She grunted with each hard thrash as her blood collided with the bars of the cell hard but to no avail. She was becoming desperate to get out. He can see it in her eyes.

"(Y/N)." Yama spoke but she still continued. "(Y/N)!"

"What..?" She breathed tiredly. No matter how dangerous her blood was against enemies, it can't cut through metal.

"Just calm down." He said as he leaned against the wall for support. "We'll be alright."

       But the girl shook her head. Nothing was alright about being in this place. "No, we need to get out of here before Zankora or Xed comes back!"