x. you blame me?

You want the truth?

You want the truth?

Max Mayfield was a lot of things

Max Mayfield was a lot of things. One that a lot of people would agree on is that she's extremely hardheaded. If you tell her something she most likely won't believe it until she sees it, even if she never saw it, she would still keep it a secret. 

She's loyal. A bit too loyal at times. 

Currently keeping the secret of her ex-lover. A part of her wishes she never found out that day because it was on that day that she stopped being clueless and naive. That day when she found out something that the group never knew. The group always had the answers to everything, always knew what to do to and dealt with it. But she didn't know what to say, do or act so all she did was stay silent. 

She thought that perhaps if she pushed Danielle away then she would have been back to being clueless as before. That wasn't the case and she realized that the second the blonde walked out that door. Yes, the signs were there, and she felt so fucking stupid. But no, despite how much hatred she had, it was never enough. 

She could never hate Danielle Hammond. Her heart wouldn't allow it. 

So, there she sat in front of her stepbrother's grave with a lined-piece of paper. She knew Billy would love to hear it all, she had a few more hours to live so she might as well confess to the one person she owes it to. 

Despite being outside with the warmth of the sunlight on her face, she felt uneasy as if someone was watching her. She knew there was. The whole group hadn't taken their eyes off her the entire time currently waiting for her back at the car. She cleared her throat as she held the paper in front of her. 

"Dear Billy, I don't know if you can even hear this. Two years ago, I would have said 'Thats ridiculous, impossible.' but that was before I found out about alternate dimensions and monsters, so... I'm just going to stop assuming I know anything. Especially after I found out about her." She took in a sharp breath as her fingers started to shake, she cleared her throat continuing. "So much has happened since you left... since you were taken away from us too soon. Your dad was a total mess. He and my mom started getting into fights. Bad fights. Worse than before. I don't think he could stand being here without you, so he left. Which doesn't make sense because him leaving meant leaving you here as well. He didn't leave mom much. She's taken an extra job, and we moved to that lovely trailer park off Kerley. Basically, ever since you left, everything's been a total disaster. And the worst part is, I can't tell anyone why you're gone. I can't them that you saved El's life. That you saved my life. But that I didn't save yours."