Casper the Blue Rabbit

(art by me!)

PERCY'S POV

I looked hopefully at the rabbit, but it just stared back at me with striking blueish black eyes. I sighed. I should've known rabbits don't share a sense of humor. Now that I was up close, I realized the rabbit kind of looked ghostly. The pale blues made it almost transparent.

"I think I'll name you Casper." 

 Casper nudged up against my hand more and hopped up and down. I laughed. 

"Do you like your name buddy?" Another nuzzle told me that he did.

Hazel would absolutely love Casper if I bring him back with-

My rushing thoughts screeched to an abrupt halt when suddenly a loud wail filled the frosty air.

I immediately perked up, my whole body alert. Casper's head shot up as well. He'd heard it too. Another wail, followed by some whimpering. Hold on, those were human sounds.

To be more precise, those noises sounded like a baby. I had to be imagining things. Sure, a blue forest that glows. That is believable. Maybe some new plants or habitat nobody has discovered yet, but a baby in the middle of the woods?

That did it. First I somehow just appeared in a glowing, blue forest that is probably radioactive, then I started talking to a glowing fluffy rabbit, now a freaking baby?! I swear if the baby glows-

Yep, I had officially fell into the hysterics of this beautiful but strange forest.  Another cry echoed around me, reminding me someone was out here I wasn't imagining it before, there really was a baby out here.

"Hello?" 

I called out, hoping for a response or at least another sound. I couldn't tell where the sounds were coming from!

Suddenly Casper rushed ahead of me. The sensible part of me told me to find the source of the sounds on my own. Who in their right mind would trust a glowing blue rabbit? Me, that's who.

I ran after the little rabbit, hoping he was leading me in the right direction. I pushed ferns and plants away from my path as I followed Casper.

More crying.

Casper veered to the right and I followed close behind. The sounds got louder and louder until I broke through a clearing and...

Tucked in some glowing, blue grass was...

A Baby.