The Sun Also Rises

Magsimula sa umpisa

Alaric nodded and then sighed as sadness flashed over his face.

"And Bonnie is sure she wants to do this? Even if..."

Stefan nodded, a dark look on his face.

"She is determined to end both Klaus and Elijah, even if it costs her life. And she's right, They are too dangerous to be allowed to live."

Suddenly his phone began to buzz in his jacket. He pulled it out.

"Damon," Stefan greeted his brother on the other end of the line.

"You're not going to like what I'm about to say," Damon said.

Stefan rolled his eyes.

"Cut to the chase. Is the sacrifice happening or not?"

"It's happening. I tried to stop it, but it got...complicated."

"We're sticking with the original plan," Stefan told him. "We're meeting Bonnie right now."

There was a short pause at the other end of the line.

"He's got Jenna, Stefan."

"What?"

"He got Kath to lure her out of the house."

Stefan looked at Alaric with a worried expression.

The vampire hunter picked up on that.

"What is it? What's wrong?" he asked the youngest Salvatore, panic in his voice.

"He's going to use her as the vampire in the ritual," Damon informed his brother over the phone.

Stefan's face paled.

"Oh my god."

At the quarry, Elena was pacing back and forth in the circle of fire Greta had casted around her to keep her from running. Not that she actually had a chance, with Elijah standing close to the altar, watching her and the unknown woman a few feet away from her. She cowered on the ground, whimpering in fear, eyes moving frantically between Elena and the Original. Elena gave her a short glance. She felt sorry for the poor creature that had been forcibly taken from her home and her family and turned into a vampire only to be sacrificed at a stone altar.

Behind them, twigs were snapping and Greta came into view, dragging a groaning woman behind her. The unknown vampire looked at Elena.

"Who's that?"

"That must be the werewolf," Elena answered, looking at the at the approaching figures curiously.

Greta threw the woman on the ground. The female werewolf clutched her stomach and continued to groan in pain.

"What's happening to me?" she managed to press out in between groans, glaring at the witch.

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation," Greta explained, not an ounce of emotion on her face. "Your insides are trying to tear themselves free."

She stepped away from the werewolf and with a flick of her wrist, a third circle of fire appeared, this time around the werewolf. She walked toward the altar. Elena turned to her, eyes full of desperation. Yes, she had initially agreed to go through with the ritual but that was before Damon had forced his blood down her throat. She didn't want to become a vampire. So maybe if she got the witch on her side, she could delay the ritual until next month.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed."

Greta shot her a short, unimpressed glance.