Klaus

Later that evening, Klaus came striding into the Gilbert's living room, a content look on his face. Elijah and I were still snuggled up on the couch, watching a movie and simply relishing in each other's company while John and Jeremy were still out of house. At this point I wondered if they would ever come home tonight. Probably not. John probably didn't want to risk getting hit by another plate Jenna threw in his direction and Jeremy was wherever the hell the others were. Not that I was complaining. The longer they were gone, the longer Elijah could stay.

"Well, there you two are," Klaus greeted us, before letting himself fall next to us on the couch, smiling affectionately at me. "I'm glad to see you're well again."

I grabbed the remote and paused the movie before smiling back at him.

"Thank you for undaggering Elijah and letting your warlock track down Andie, even though it didn't work."

He grinned at me.

"You're welcome, love. And don't worry your pretty head about your friend. We'll find her."

Elijah looked at his brother.

"I take it from your good mood that your evening was successful?"

Klaus nodded, grinning deviously.

"Indeed, brother. Our mate's safe, the Salvatore's secret weapon is dead and the barrier around the house should have been lifted."

He looked at me. "You and Jenna should be free to leave the house now."

I stared at him in confusion.

"Wait, what secret weapon?"

"The Bennett witch," he explained. "She got a power upgrade and was ready to kill me. Thankfully their plans didn't include me taking over the history teacher's body. So I had the element of surprise on my side and took the witch out at the dance."

I stared at him in shock.

"You killed Bonnie?"

He looked at me and the smile died on his face.

"I had to, love. She was aiming to kill me and would have had enough power to succeed." He gently brushed his knuckles over my cheek before lifting my chin. "I know you have a big heart and want to save everyone, but her death was necessary."

I sighed and nodded slowly.

"I know. I'm just tired of all these fights and drama and deaths. I told them we have an elixir that will let Elena survive the ritual so why are they still fighting? You breaking the sun and moon curse will benefit all vampires. They won't have to fear the sun anymore or have to rely on daylight rings." I thought about Rose and how much she had missed feeling the warmth of sunlight on her skin. A tear rolled down my cheek. "They won't have to live in darkness anymore. Rose hated the darkness. I want to do this for her, even if she's not here anymore to enjoy it."

Klaus and Elijah gave each other meaningful glances over my head.

"Elskan..." Elijah started, making me turn around to face him. "There's something we need to tell you."

I raised my eyebrow at him questioningly.

"The sun and the moon curse does not exist," Klaus said.

I jerked my head toward him.

"What?!"

"The curse is fake. Elijah and I invented it centuries ago."

I looked between the two Originals, lost for words.

"But...I don't understand...Why? And if there's no curse, what do you need the moonstone and Elena for?"

"There is a curse, a different one. Placed on me," Klaus explained, looking at me.