Chapter 28

In the world of cultivators, who wouldn't know Zhou Siwei?

He is a legend throughout the land.

Everyone involuntarily mentioned his name.

"Zhou Siwei?"

"Has Master Zhou arrived?"

"I've heard about the unforgettable past between Zhou Siwei and the Heavenly Maiden. It turns out to be true."

Clever cultivators immediately thought of the disciples of Shangyan Sect who came to attend the wedding and sent a message, "Has your Sect Master arrived?"

The disciples of Shangyan Sect had never anticipated such a development. He shook his head and said, "I don't know the whereabouts of our Sect Master."

He neither confirmed nor denied the arrival.

But most people leaned towards the idea that Zhou Siwei had indeed come.

After all, a hero and a beauty, combined with a wedding scene, make for a bestselling story.

Some people who enjoy spectacles without fearing trouble started to cheer, "Master Zhou, come out! I support you in snatching the bride."

A portion of the crowd was incited and shouted, not knowing whether they sincerely wished for the happiness of the Heavenly Maiden or simply wanted to stir up trouble: "Snatch the bride! Snatch the bride!"

Another portion quietly awaited the trend of events.

The eagerly awaited Zhou Siwei did not come out.

Zhou Siwei was busy peeling walnuts for Jiang Rongyi.

On every table, there were plates of walnuts. Jiang Rongyi wanted to eat them but found the task of peeling them too troublesome, so he directed the readily available workforce.

Zhou Siwei picked up a smooth walnut, applied slight pressure with his fingers, and with a crack, the walnut split open, revealing the plump kernel that could be easily extracted from the seam.

Zhou Siwei himself didn't eat them. He picked up a whole piece of walnut kernel and brought it to Jiang Rongyi's lips.

Jiang Rongyi was delighted to be served and took a bite from his hand.

The walnut kernel had a rich aroma, a crispy and sweet texture, and it became more fragrant the more one chewed, making it irresistible.

Jiang Rongyi gestured with his eyes, indicating he wanted more.

So Zhou Siwei focused his attention on peeling walnuts for him. It didn't take much effort, and soon a pile of tender yellow walnut meat formed a small mountain. He was so engrossed in the task that he didn't even hear the surrounding noise.

"Zhou Siwei..." Bai Liwei witnessed this scene.

Zhou Siwei was intimately feeding the person beside him.

Complex emotions instantly filled Bai Liwei's chest, and she could hardly maintain her icy exterior. Her eyes were almost spewing sparks.

She, Bai Liwei, the Heavenly Maiden of Baiyujing, the foremost beauty in the land.

Others would lose sleep over just a glance from her, but Zhou Siwei, she almost had to humbly beg him to love her, yet he remained unmoved.

Uneasy feelings and inner demons plagued her.

Bai Liwei was born with the cultivation of the Golden Core stage, possessing the innate body of a celestial being. She was supposed to be without desire or love, devoting herself solely to the Dao.